TravelTalkOnline

Celine Charters

Posted By: caeguy

Celine Charters - 05/16/2018 11:18 PM

Heading to SXM soon and have been looking for the current status of Neil's new boat. I see a "Coming Soon Celine 3" picture on his Facebook/Web page but thats it. Anyone have any news of when he'll be back in business?
Posted By: PreK176

Re: Celine Charters - 05/18/2018 07:15 PM

We saw Neil in April and he gave us a tour of his new boat. Very nice! He still had a few things to do and some cleaning up to do on it. I think it will be soon but not sure when. Sort of surprised it hasn't happened yet. You should try emailing him to see if he has started back up again. (Could be that his FB page needs updating!) It sounds like he is hoping to change the format of his trips. Hoping to take a trip with him NEXT year!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Celine Charters - 05/19/2018 12:03 AM

Last week he was still waiting for licenses and permits.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Celine Charters - 05/19/2018 10:09 AM

And a mast.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Celine Charters - 05/19/2018 03:25 PM

I have sent him a couple of emails but have received no reply.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Celine Charters - 05/19/2018 04:11 PM

He said he was swamped with emails and messages, but spends all his time working on the boat. He will be in touch as soon as the boat is ready for passengers. He is as anxious as we are! He promised me a sail on my birthday, which was in March!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Celine Charters - 05/19/2018 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
He promised me a sail on my birthday, which was in March!

laugh
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Celine Charters - 07/05/2018 09:32 PM

I too have sent him emails without receiving a reply. I am hoping he'll be up and running by the time we get there in September. I've been on a Celine trip on all of five previous trips to the island. I do not want to break that streak. Neil was one of the first people we met on the island many years ago and past memories of the island always includes trips with Neil and the crew..

Re: Celine Charters - 07/06/2018 04:47 PM

He isn't answering because the answer is unknown. When I toured his boat last month, he said it could be as far in the future as February. Everyone needs to just back off. When he has something to announce, I am certain he will do so.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Celine Charters - 07/06/2018 05:02 PM

Linda--why is it going to take that long? I thought the boat was ready? Is it a matter of licensing for the overnight trips?
Posted By: caeguy

Re: Celine Charters - 07/06/2018 08:12 PM

While on the island 3 weeks ago, he did respond to my emails and was waiting for charter inspection.

Re: Celine Charters - 07/06/2018 09:07 PM

I really didn't go into the details regarding the length of time.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Celine Charters - 07/06/2018 09:48 PM

OK, no problem.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline