TravelTalkOnline

Calling SXM from the US

Posted By: wendyk

Calling SXM from the US - 05/22/2018 02:04 PM

For over a week,I have been trying to call St Maarten from the US using 1+721+ the number, and continually get a recording that "all circuits are busy now. please try your call again later". Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong here? It worked for me in November???
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Calling SXM from the US - 05/22/2018 02:29 PM

Sometimes that happens because of the internet connection and work being done on the upgrading of the system.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Calling SXM from the US - 05/22/2018 04:59 PM

Not sure this is the reason???

****UPDATE*****
Service had been fully restored as of noon today. If still experiencing connectivity issues, please reboot your phone or broadband antenna.

****SERVICE INTERRUPTION****

There is an ongoing interruption to UTS mobile and broadband internet service due to vandalism and copper theft at one or our transmitter sites. This outage is currently affecting broadband and mobile service in the neighborhoods of Dawn Beach, Pointe Blanche, Madame Estate and Cay Hill/Belair on St. Maarten. Our technicians are on-location and working diligently on restoring service to the affected areas as soon as possible.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused by the damage to our equipment. The police department is currently investigating to apprehend the perpetrators.

https://www.facebook.com/UTSEC1/
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Calling SXM from the US - 05/22/2018 08:25 PM

I have to dial 011 then the number from Canada, may be the same for international from the U.S.?
Posted By: wendyk

Re: Calling SXM from the US - 05/22/2018 09:03 PM

I'll give it another shot. Thanks for your replies!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline