TravelTalkOnline

JetBlue schedule

Posted By: boucharda

JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 10:42 AM

Now open through 2/13/19

Posted By: Bahston

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 10:59 AM

I flew JetBlue’s BOS-JFK-SXM service a week ago. The worst part was the 05:20 departure, which required a really early wake up. The 2nd worst part was the 2-hour layover at JFK, but it did give me time for a hot breakfast. The flight arrived in SXM early. All in all, it’s not a bad way to go if there’s no non-stop available. Pre-Irma, JetBlue was talking about instituting Mint service this year, which will be something to look forward to in the future.

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 11:37 AM

Yup...did that connector to Grand Cayman a few weeks ago. Not bad this time of year but I just don't like involving BOS and JFK in January. Kinda doubling down on weather issues. I would rather connect in a little warmer place...rain vs. snow
Posted By: RonDon

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 11:52 AM

Our trip in March we drove to JFK from RI with no trouble on a wed. Stayed overnight at a hotel with stay & fly and caught the 8 something (830??) flight JFK to SXM for $168. and it was a piece of cake.

Just checked schedule today and saw that the cost difference in leaving from BOS instead of NY wasn't worth omitting the BOS leg. As Bashton said only the 2 hour layover sucks.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by boucharda
Yup...did that connector to Grand Cayman a few weeks ago. Not bad this time of year but I just don't like involving BOS and JFK in January. Kinda doubling down on weather issues. I would rather connect in a little warmer place...rain vs. snow

Good point.

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 12:36 PM

removed......
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 01:08 PM

30K miles? Not 35K?? Normally in season, it would be 35K. Regardless, right now, when a lot of people have to do an overnight BOTH ways to get to SXM, AND pay $1000 PP for the privilege, folks in the NE have a lot better options. I drive 3.5 hours one way to Miami and while I can't say I'm HAPPY to do that, I figure that's the best I'm ever gonna get. Even if there ends up being another nonstop from Florida, it will be either Jet Blue or Southwest, either one from south Florida.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 01:38 PM

Agreed. Multiple airlines, multiple airports, usually non-stop, late morning or early afternoon arrival, and under $500 in many cases and some still complain. Many just do not get what others pay and go through to get to SXM.

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 04:28 PM

I thought some readers who DO live in The New England area would be interested in my findings but I guess that was interpreted as bagging and/or complaining. I don't get it but I guess it's a sensitive topic. I removed my follow up post and edited the original.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/11/2018 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
I thought some readers who DO live in The New England area would be interested in my findings but I guess that was interpreted as bagging and/or complaining. I don't get it but I guess it's a sensitive topic. I removed my follow up post and edited the original.

And your contribution is appreciated.

If you look at the first response to your post, you will see a reference to an early morning flight and then a 2.5 hour layover. A large number of SXM visitors deal with that and worse in their quest to get there. Two connections, overnighting on one or both ends of a flight, $1000+ airfare and VERY limited (if any) choices of airlines or airports and days to travel on.

Perhaps is all depends on what you get used to but an early morning flight and a 2.5 hour connection would be pretty appealing to many traveling to SXM.

It was bad for many before but since Irma, it is even worse.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/12/2018 10:07 PM

can't eat non-stop from bos to sxm, regardless of $$$
Hope they get it available soon
did get a great price on united vov 24-1 dec....460$
early early wakeup, but under the circumstances existing at sxm, well worth it
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: JetBlue schedule - 06/12/2018 10:15 PM

Beat
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline