TravelTalkOnline

Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach?

Posted By: Southbound

Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/16/2018 07:55 PM

Are they still planning on opening this month?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/16/2018 08:36 PM

We were there today, took several pictures. There was no one there to be able to ask anything. It is going to be GORGEOUS, but I honestly don't know that they will be open this month. Seems a long way to go yet. Hopefully by tomorrow, will muster enough energy to post some pictures of various things..
Posted By: Tom

Re: Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/16/2018 09:05 PM

Many of us look forward to your updates and possibly photos. Most important, enjoy your vacation!
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/16/2018 09:10 PM

Maybe a soft open this month -- but that is still a big maybe. By soft open I mean chairs and maybe the bar. It is going to be really nice, will try to get the pixs uploaded. We walked all over the new area. Peaked where we could also. All kitchen equip is still in shrink wrap and stacked. Bar appears like it might be close. They still have some roof to do, as it will not work as we saw today.

A soft open with chairs and limited bar and probably little or no food is possible. Full kitchen and menu, I do not see that happening by the end of this month based on what we say this morning.

They have a big pile of chairs stacked out on the beach, so I think that might be close for a soft open.

Also walked around LaPlaya, still a ways to go there, end of year is maybe realistic.

Re: Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/16/2018 09:21 PM

Tom--hopefully will post some pics tomorrow. Depends on what we do tomorrow.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/16/2018 10:59 PM

Carol, You two enjoy your vacation, you certainly deserve it! Don't worry about getting pics and reports together, there is plenty of time for that. ENJOY FOR NOW!

Re: Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/16/2018 11:04 PM

Hey, we will enjoy, regardless!!!
Posted By: pandpfromcanada

Re: Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/17/2018 01:26 PM

We heard July 1st from a local. But as Eric said it may be a “soft” opening

Re: Anyone have a curent SITREP on Bikini Beach? - 06/17/2018 03:07 PM

Getting ready to post some pictures now..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline