TravelTalkOnline

Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock

Posted By: leep75

Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 04:36 PM

My wife and I will be traveling through St Martin on Friday, July 6th at approx 5:00 PM we will land at the airport in Grand Case. We need to catch the 6:00 PM ferry to Anguilla(which is the last of the day) so we plan to get a taxi or arrange a ride to do that. Has anyone made this trip at approx 5:00 PM on a Friday? Should we be worried about traffic enough to schedule an earlier flight from St Barths, say 1:00 PM instead? Thank you for your help.

Aron
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 05:04 PM

At that time of day the "rush-hour" traffic is leaving Marigot and heading towards Grand Case. There WILL be traffic each way however.

If there are no cows on the road, wrecks, etc it should be do-able in one hour...but it really is tight IMO.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 05:11 PM

As long as your plane is on time it will be close. Better to take an earlier flight and play it safe. No sense worrying and getting up tight on vacation.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 05:52 PM

I totally agree with you & Beachkitten. Leave earlier & avoid traffic stress on vacation. You never know when the cows will decide to stroll.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 06:42 PM

I agree with the others. Why subject yourself to unnecessary stress? Take an earlier plane.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 06:47 PM

Same here. One little hiccup and all bets are off.

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 07:04 PM

You can never predict the traffic! wink

[Linked Image]

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 07:25 PM

Not only cows but also a broken down, stalled or slow truck trying to climb the hills.

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 07:36 PM

Or a bus full of cruise ship passengers!

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 07:43 PM

That time of day cruise tour busses would be back to the cruise dock but all kinds of traffic slowdowns can occur anytime of the day.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Travel Time from Grand Case Airport to Ferry Dock - 06/22/2018 08:37 PM

Sometimes work trucks at that time of day with one lane closed. It will give them longer in St. Martin,
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline