TravelTalkOnline

Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment

Posted By: bonsie

Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment - 06/24/2018 10:23 PM

My wife told me that see saw on a facebook page that Oysterbay has an assessment of $600.00. I own there and have not received any notice of it. Just wondering if any one has received any type of a notice.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment - 06/24/2018 10:43 PM

If so, that's not bad at all. Unless you own more than one.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment - 06/24/2018 11:51 PM

I own multiple weeks there and had heard nothing of an assessment but when I went to their accounting website, sure enough, there is one listed. It seems to be $600 ($50 per month for 12 months) for a studio and $700 for a one bedroom. Not a very good way to find out about it!
Posted By: bonsie

Re: Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment - 06/25/2018 12:04 AM

Mikel, I totally agree with you. No email from them and nothing in the mail. Not a good way to find.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment - 06/25/2018 03:53 AM

sounds a bit high to me. take either 600 or 700 (depending on which type of unit) and multiply by 50 weeks. times number of units.....seems pretty high to me. 30 thousand or 35 thousand seems a bit outrageous. that of course does NOT include what the resort has or will recieve from insurance companies.

yes.....i own 4 weeks of timeshare. three at royal islander...and one week at cape cod, mass
Posted By: BillandJan

Re: Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment - 06/25/2018 03:43 PM

I heard they either have or will be sending a letter of explanation soon. Seems to me very poorly handled in terms of customer relations. Also doesn't help that they have a beach which is virtually unusable most of the time, due to the omnipresent seaweed at that location.
Posted By: ricardop

Re: Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment - 06/26/2018 03:31 AM

Dear Obbr owner;

A letter was sent over the weekend with a detail explanation of this one-time special assessment. Please sned me an email to ricardop@obbr.com and i would send you a copy of the letter to make sure you have allthe relevant and complete informarion.

Sincerely,

Ricardo Perez
General Manager
Posted By: KayMike

Re: Oyster Bay Bech Resort Assessment - 07/05/2018 03:18 PM

Does not seem high at all for that bad of a hurricane.....actually I was very surprised it wasn't $1200 or higher per unit week..... yes there was insurance, but there is always a deductible..... plus with St. Martin's crazy labor laws, trying to keep employees paid during the shutdown. They may have had to do some infrastructure improvements at the site.....And I am sure construction costs have been very high on the island, especially transportation cost of getting the construction materials and all the furnishings TO St. Marteen.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline