TravelTalkOnline

Ma DouDou open?

Posted By: danseuse

Ma DouDou open? - 07/04/2018 03:26 AM

We are arriving on cruise on 7/11/18 and hope to get to Ma DouDou. Are they open, and if so is the gate still operational? Thanks, everybody! love
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Ma DouDou open? - 07/04/2018 02:34 PM

I have no idea about the factory, but as a backup plan, Shipwreck Shops definitely carry Ma Dou Dou and they have a store downtown somewhere. It should be on your recommended shopping list from the cruise line, so that you would know where to find it easily.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Ma DouDou open? - 07/04/2018 02:51 PM

Found a TA reply in March 2018 from Ma DouDou saying they are open in Cul de Sac.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...c_Saint_Martin_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

Re: Ma DouDou open? - 07/04/2018 03:08 PM

OK, thanks for posting.
Posted By: danseuse

Re: Ma DouDou open? - 07/05/2018 03:07 AM

Thanks so much, glad to know they survived.
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: Ma DouDou open? - 07/05/2018 11:50 PM

They used to have a store on Old Street in P-burg near the end of the street on left. It only sold Ma Dou Dou items. I do not know if it survived the storm however,
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Ma DouDou open? - 07/06/2018 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by danseuse
Thanks so much, glad to know they survived.

They had to rebuild, but they were open when we went in March. After some sampling, we left with much lighter wallets and a stash that will hopefully last thru our November trip. smile
Posted By: pat

Re: Ma DouDou open? - 07/06/2018 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by eilandmens
They used to have a store on Old Street in P-burg near the end of the street on left. It only sold Ma Dou Dou items. I do not know if it survived the storm however,

I believe the shop you're referring to was the old West Indian Tavern building in another lifetime.

Re: Ma DouDou open? - 07/06/2018 06:25 PM

Not sure about rebuilding, but I know most everything on Old Street was destroyed in the hurricane. Like I said earlier in the thread, Shipwreck Shop does carry some Ma Dou Dou though, so you can get it downtown.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline