TravelTalkOnline

Traveling with young children

Posted By: Nadpena7

Traveling with young children - 07/08/2018 10:00 PM

Hello!!! My husband and I have not been to St. Martin since 2014, so obviously have no idea what it is like post Irma. We are thinking about going in late December with our 2 year old son and 5 year old daughter. We would probably rent a vrbo in Simpson Bay. Feedback regarding the island and small children is greatly appreciated. We are worried about safety, even though with 2 young kids we probably won't be staying out at night. We love st. Martin and just want to make sure our kids can enjoy he island as much as we do. Thanks!
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Traveling with young children - 07/08/2018 10:59 PM

Welcome to TTOL! Go on down to SXM and bring your kids! That area of the island has improved a great deal since hurricane Irma. I personally, even with two kids would not worry about safety at ALL! Please go down and just enjoy your vacation, as it should be. You will be surprised how much it feels like it use to be as you use to know it! That being said, there is destruction and is seen in most places, but the recovery on the Dutch side is amazing! Have FUN!
Posted By: OllieEh

Re: Traveling with young children - 07/09/2018 01:48 AM

We’ve been in Grand Case at night three times within the last week. I have seen nothing that would cause worry. Please come down. You won’t be sorry. We had worries too but those worries are in the past.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Traveling with young children - 07/09/2018 12:45 PM

Nadpena I just sent you a private message (PM) look for flashing envelope beside your name.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline