TravelTalkOnline

Oh Emmanuel!

Posted By: BeachKitten

Oh Emmanuel! - 07/09/2018 11:19 PM

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/78392-emmanuel-threatens-to-take-van-raak-to-court
Posted By: pat

Re: Oh Emmanuel! - 07/09/2018 11:45 PM

Is this the same politician who advocated the bollards being removed from Front Street and the closure of the road into Beacon Hill?

Re: Oh Emmanuel! - 07/09/2018 11:46 PM

Van Raak: “As a minister, Emmanuel handed out large parcels in long lease on the day that it became clear that government would fall, against the advice of the ministry which pointed out the conflict of interest. This handing out was very favourable for Emmanuel’s friends, but not for St. Maarten.”
Van Raak invited Emmanuel to write a public response. “If Christophe Emmanuel feels addressed by me, he can always engage in a political discussion with me. He can always write a response which I’m sure ThePostOnline would love to publish. I am very much looking forward to his contribution.”
Van Raak and eight other members of the Second Chamber’s Permanent Committee for Kingdom Relations are arriving in St. Maarten on Wednesday for a four-day visit to the three Windward Islands.

Hope Van Raak makes it off the island ok after the visit!
pirate

Re: Oh Emmanuel! - 07/09/2018 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by pat
Is this the same politician who advocated the bollards being removed from Front Street and the closure of the road into Beacon Hill?

Yepper!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Oh Emmanuel! - 07/10/2018 12:00 AM

Pat--AND the same guy who says that SXM should tell Holland to take their money and stuff it, that SXM will do it on her own!! duh Unfortunately, it appears that virtually NONE of that money has yet been spent in SXM mad Not at all sure why that is!!!
Posted By: pat

Re: Oh Emmanuel! - 07/10/2018 12:11 AM

I thought he was one and the same although I’d forgotten about him not wanting the money if it meant the establishment of an integrity board. I wonder why he felt that way....... duh duh
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Oh Emmanuel! - 07/10/2018 12:36 AM

Oh, he's still saying it now, that SXM should just tell the Dutch to get lost..
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Oh Emmanuel! - 07/10/2018 12:52 AM

Pm you .
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline