TravelTalkOnline

RUI to become Secrets

Posted By: BillandElaine

RUI to become Secrets - 07/16/2018 02:12 PM

https://www.sxm-talks.com/local-news/secrets-resort-spa-to-open-at-anse-marcel-in-2019/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/16/2018 02:43 PM

I saw the similar story in the Daily Herald this morning. I guess any investment of money in the island is a good thing. I do wonder how it will affect (if at all) those who previously enjoyed going to Anse Marcel Beach Club for lunch.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/16/2018 04:40 PM

Don't know about that but Secrets is a class act, a 5 star hotel that I am sure will attract many tourists. It will increase the economy for the island and hopefully offer many employment opportunities for the locals.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/16/2018 04:52 PM

This sounds like the Rui resort, which was separate from Anse Marcel beach that
we all love for a nice lunch and beach day---I hope.

And possibly Anse Marcel Beach Club location will still be rebuilt.
Posted By: pat

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/16/2018 04:59 PM

Carol,

I’m surmising and assuming here, and we both know what a really bad idea that is, but I doubt this resort will have much of an impact beyond a positive one on the Anse Marcel Beach Club, should they decide to rebuild and reopen.

The Riu (or Radisson or whatever it was before the Radisson.....) was a solely separate entity and I doubt it would have any impact other than possibly providing a small potential customer base, because who doesn’t want an occasional change of pace, and one more reason for the AMBR rebuilding since a major property reopening gives people from all across the island another reason to venture out if for no other reason than to take a peak and see what’s there.

At least I hope they or someone else considers the possibility. Like so many other members here, we really loved that property and it just kept getting better and better with every trip we made to the island.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/16/2018 05:08 PM

We, too, are hoping for a rebuild of the Anse Marcel Beach Club. It's a wonderful beach and was one of our favorites.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/16/2018 09:34 PM

Wow. Based on what the Riu looked like in May, I'd be shocked if it can be reopened next year.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/17/2018 12:00 AM

Won't this be the third resort (maybe 4th) that's attempted to make a go of it in this area? The was one before the Meridian, the Meridian, Rui , and now Secrets?
Posted By: dmwieser

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/18/2018 12:05 PM

This is a great fit for Anse Marcel and a wonderful addition to St Martin. This is a luxury company with the finances to back it. If they say they will be up and running buy next year, I am sure they will be. So much better than the projected Planet Hollywood garbage on the other side of the island.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/18/2018 02:28 PM

Is Secrets a nude friendly operation?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/18/2018 02:57 PM

I very much doubt it.
Posted By: dmwieser

Re: RUI to become Secrets - 07/18/2018 07:19 PM

Nude Friendly - No.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline