TravelTalkOnline

Day Two -- The First Beach Nap

Posted By: crsxm

Day Two -- The First Beach Nap - 07/23/2018 02:27 AM

Woke this morning to clouds and a sprinkle--overcast for much of the day but no rain to speak of. As others have said, the island is in need of rain--just hope when it comes it's after dark.

Took a quick trip to Fairway "Mark It" and picked up a few items--boy do we miss Carrefour! Overall--convenient to Divi, decent prices but smaller selection. We made a quick stop at cost u less but still no refrigeration--only dry goods. Tomorrow we will venture out to Sunny Food. That seems to be the place to go.

Took my first beach nap and there really are very few things in life that I enjoy more.

Dinner tonight was at Marks Place. Great food, great price and a ton of food to eat. Can't beat that! We had Lasagna, fish--mahi mahi and grouper, ribs and chicken with mushrooms--service was great too!

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful our experience has been so far--whether we are at the store, at Divi, Marks Place, everyone has been extremely welcoming and friendly. My folks will both be 88 in a few weeks--this is probably our 31st trip together to St Maarten. I'm so glad we came, every day is a gift!
Posted By: EdB

Re: Day Two -- The First Beach Nap - 07/23/2018 02:45 AM

glad to hear about Mark's. Lately there has been very little mention of it here on ttol. I have always loved the food from Mark's...including the lasagna. I have mentioned here in the past that i think they make it better than a lot of the ''italian" restaurants on the island. Thanks for the reports.
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Day Two -- The First Beach Nap - 07/23/2018 03:07 AM

My husband loved the lasagna!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Day Two -- The First Beach Nap - 07/23/2018 10:08 AM

Sounds good so far. Mark's Place is a long time favorite of mine.
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Day Two -- The First Beach Nap - 07/23/2018 01:18 PM

Love the Lasagna at The Palms, but will certainly have to try Mark's on our next trip. Thanks for the idea.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Day Two -- The First Beach Nap - 07/23/2018 02:19 PM

Never had Lasagna at Marks. Will have to venture out and try it.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Day Two -- The First Beach Nap - 07/23/2018 02:35 PM

My folks will both be 88 in a few weeks--this is probably our 31st trip together to St Maarten. I'm so glad we came, every day is a gift!

That is a gift. You are so lucky that they are still around and capable of traveling with you. I lost both my parents in their 70's and I really miss being able to travel with them. Have a wonderful trip and keep the great reports coming.

1-1/2 months and we'll be at The Belair. I can't wait.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline