TravelTalkOnline

supermarkets

Posted By: onebobbo

supermarkets - 07/25/2018 03:46 PM

Are either of the old Grand Marche's open, now called CarryFour, I think. I heard that the one near the end of the new Simpson Bay bridge burned, and the one close to Phillipsburg close to Mark's Ribs is not open yet. We will be there in a couple of weeks and will need to buy provisions. Any help will be appreciated.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: supermarkets - 07/25/2018 04:19 PM

As of today, neither one of those Carrefours is open, but the one in Cupecoy and the new one by the med school are open. Those are both much smaller than the other two. The one close to the causeway has never reopened since the hurricane. The one by Mark's had a fire around the end of June and is supposed to be closed for about two months. Otherwise, in Simpson Bay, you have Market Garden. Where the Fresh Market used to be has reopened, can't remember the name of it now, but they have quite a few US products, if that's what you're looking for. There is also one close to the cruise ship pier, again, don't remember the name of it. On the French side, Super U is great!
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: supermarkets - 07/25/2018 04:53 PM

The supermarket that opened in the former location of Fresh Market in Madame Estate is called Cost Pro.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: supermarkets - 07/25/2018 05:08 PM

And the old Sangs is Fairway Mark It. https://www.facebook.com/fairwaymarkitsxm/

Re: supermarkets - 07/25/2018 05:09 PM

Elaine and wilson--thanks. My memory isn't what it used to be!!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: supermarkets - 07/25/2018 05:33 PM

Ha ha! I looked it up on FB! Searched for Sangs and it came right up!

Re: supermarkets - 07/25/2018 05:42 PM

Hey, that works too! grin
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline