TravelTalkOnline

Passports

Posted By: Coffee

Passports - 07/26/2018 03:35 PM

Our passports run out end of December 2018. We plan to go to SXM the first two weeks of October. Should we renew now or can we wait til after October?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 03:39 PM

Are you planning on going to Anguilla, St. Barts, Saba?? If not, you can wait until after. For SXM, your passport just needs to be valid until you go home. Other islands, you may need 6 months after you travel.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 03:57 PM

I would renew them now, just to be safe.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Coffee
Our passports run out end of December 2018. We plan to go to SXM the first two weeks of October. Should we renew now or can we wait til after October?

Up to you but why wait? As Carol stated, a trip to another island may be a problem. I renewed ours back earlier in the year. Did everything myself (with the exception of photos) and it only took around 10 days or less.

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 04:38 PM

Thanks a bunch. We stay at the Divi for the two weeks and for years have never traveled to another island while there.
Posted By: pat

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Coffee

I pretty much agree with Carol as long as I absolutely knew I wasn’t planning on visiting any of the near islands to Sint Maarten - but then, I always wait until the last day to pay my taxes too. I just hate to give any government, be it local, State or Federal, any more of my money than I have to any earlier than I have to.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 04:49 PM

If you do elect to renew early be sure and change your airline profile with your new number and expiration date.

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 04:55 PM

Never thought of that. Thank for the info. (Wow I did two entries in one day). LOL

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 06:37 PM

Also if you have Global Entry you'll have to put the new passport number into your Global Entry profile too.

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 07:08 PM

Super thanks once again but we don't have Global Entry but I will definitely make a note of the fact.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 07:20 PM

That’s interesting, all these years even after all of our renewals of passports, our passport numbers have never changed, it’s always been the same numbers for me and my wife. Maybe it’s just us, strange.

I got it, comes with the job, sorry, you are correct, your number does change every time you renew it. My situation is a little different.
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 07:35 PM

Renewed ours in Jan 2018, took two weeks without expedited service.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by SXMFOX
That’s interesting, all these years even after all of our renewals of passports, our passport numbers have never changed, it’s always been the same numbers for me and my wife. Maybe it’s just us, strange.

I got it, comes with the job, sorry, you are correct, your number does change every time you renew it. My situation is a little different.

I just checked mine and the passport number did change as did the issue and expiration dates (obviously).

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 08:23 PM

My wifes number changed and everybody else I talked to had too.

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 09:12 PM

Y’all are exactly 100% correct, but due to my occupation, mine did not, it was easier for certain alphabet groups to keep track of us, without going into too much detail. I apologize for derailing this thread, had a brain fart, long day!
Posted By: irina

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 09:27 PM

BBC?

Re: Passports - 07/26/2018 09:33 PM

Yes, your the lucky winner! Yea I’ve had that same passport number for 30+ years.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline