TravelTalkOnline

Wanda

Posted By: irina

Wanda - 08/08/2018 12:53 AM

Anyone know what's going on at BBB?
Is she still there?
Love Wanda. The face of BBB and former to that SSBB.
i
Posted By: mort

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 11:45 AM

Wanda was there this past March. I believe she only works 4 days a week now. We always make a point of stopping in to see her.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 01:55 PM

No she is not there anymore.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 02:09 PM

Personally, I know others may like her, but I never cared for her attitude, so that news doesn't break my heart.

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 02:17 PM

I heard something about it yesterday Leslie.
But seems to be a silly reason after all these years.
I really liked her.
Sad.
irina
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 02:43 PM

Well she has reached her pension age. And will pm you.
Posted By: lina

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 04:04 PM

omg Carol... my feeling exactly, she was, by far, theeeeee rudest person i have met in 35 years on the island. and when i said something about it on another forum, everyone called me every horrible name on this planet...she was horrible.... glad she is gone, now i can go back to BBB YAYYYYYYY

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 04:46 PM

Trust me, you and I are not alone in our feelings.
Posted By: kim

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 04:51 PM

Some may not have liked her and had issues. But whatever. She’s not there anymore. But is it ok to call out a human personally on a chat board. Talk about cyber bullying. Just my 2cents. Say what you want about someone in private messages, but I just can’t stand when people/personalities are slammed like this publicly.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 04:59 PM

Sorry, but this is not cyberbullying. Harassing and constantly bullying an individual personally (to their face) online is cyberbullying. Expressing a public opinion in a forum is not. There have been many reviews of rude interactions with certain staff in restaurants, hotels, stores, etc. If a staff person who deals with customers treats someone rudely in public, then they open themselves up to a review. I didn't know Wanda all that well and never had very many interactions with her, but I know quite a few people who didn't care for her attitude. It's okay to give a review (or a personal opinion) if one is treated badly by a public business person.
Posted By: kim

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 05:11 PM

Ok maybe ts not the definition of “cyber bullying” but in my book it’s just rude. One thing to review a restaurant badly, but an individual not cool in my book. But to each his/her own.

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 05:30 PM

irish--Absolutely.

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 05:30 PM

Kim--sorry, people talk about restaurant personnel on here all the time. What makes Wanda any different?
Posted By: lina

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 05:32 PM

just a quick run down of what she did to me ..last year on a rainy day my husband and the other couple we were with, were walking to all the pubs in Simpson Bay. (we stay the villas there ) we were documenting all our stops and how much fun they were. when we went to BBB i had asked her politely, for their wifi password to post the experience. she replies to me "good day" ...me being the polite person, said, "how cute.. i love it.. it is the best one we heard all day"..she turns around and says " that is NOT THE PASSWORD !!!! that's what we say on this island before we ask for anything" she left me speechless. needless to say, we just left ,,and did not return, not even this year , with as many friends as we have there and always met at BBB we just would not go back... never experienced such rudeness

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 05:47 PM

Ah but you were rude to her! On island everyone says good day first. Dr's waiting room, salon, whatever. It's island custom
And for those who have gone 35 years to island, you should know that. And BTW it's common in many Caribbean islands.
Here in Miami, same thing especially among the older population.
So many islanders!
Cheers!

Re: Wanda - 08/08/2018 06:27 PM

There are many other instances that can be pointed to with regard to her, but regardless, this one is headed nowhere good.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline