TravelTalkOnline

HELP PLEASE

Posted By: Chargergirl

HELP PLEASE - 08/26/2018 11:26 PM

Will be staying in the Simpson Bay area and was wondering which grocery store would be closest? Is it better to purchase alcohol at another store (any savings) then the grocery store. If so, a recommendation there would also be appreciated. Would like store with the most American options. Also wondering is it okay to bring your own alcohol and drink at the beaches? Thanks for your help
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/26/2018 11:38 PM

Market Garden is a large grocery store right in the heart of Simpson Bay, at the corner of Billy Folly Rd and Welfare Rd. They have a large selection of of US products and a pretty complete selection of beer, wine and alcohol. For the few dollars you might save to run somewhere else for alcohol, just do it all at Market Garden. It’s fine to bring your own drinks but some places provide chairs and umbrellas, at no cost, if you are ordering from them.
Posted By: moontide

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/27/2018 12:21 AM

Absolutely agree with jazzgal. You're on vacation and it's not worth spending your day running around to save five or 10 dollars looking for the best deals on food and alcohol. If you think of it, pack a few of your own grocery bags and bring them with you to the store. We find everything we need at Market Garden.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/27/2018 01:01 AM

After using Shop N Drop for our basic needs upon arrival, we did all our shopping at Market Garden when we stayed at La Vista Beach this past June. I love their selection of American products. We are on restricted diets and they had all the brands and foods we normally buy at home.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/27/2018 07:43 PM

Welcome to TTOL. Just a suggestion, you might be more specific in your heading of a question, as "HELP PLEASE", sounds of desperation and people have no idea what you are initially asking about.

Thanks.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/27/2018 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by moontide
Absolutely agree with jazzgal.

Huh? I have not posted in this thread! smile

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/27/2018 08:05 PM

I think they were replying to my post. I chalked it up to maybe us having similar hair styles.

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/28/2018 05:33 AM

Sorry for the sound of "desperation".........I will have to give more thought to my next question so I'm not considered an alarmist. Thanks for the heads up

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/28/2018 01:53 PM

Don't be sorry, your initial posts are a learning experience. I looked at your post as a request for advice and most seemed to respond accordingly. You hopefully received your desired results. After your visit to the island, maybe we will see a trip report.

Re: HELP PLEASE - 08/28/2018 02:28 PM

I have absolutely received the information requested. I will also attempt a trip report upon our return.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline