TravelTalkOnline

Shipping to SXM

Posted By: dolfer

Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 07:27 PM

Is there a reasonably priced and efficient method of shipping to SXM (like a beach chair)?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 07:32 PM

Probably cheaper to buy it there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 07:34 PM

Absolutely.
Posted By: pat

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 07:35 PM

I could be mistaken but having done DHL and FedEx, I’m thinking the best and most cost effective might be to find a chair that fits in a legal sized suitcase and ship it that way as part of your luggage. I know it’s a pain to wait at the airport for luggage but the other shipping methods are very expensive and I’ve only shipped letters with virtually no weight at all involved.

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 07:48 PM

I would buy a beach chair there but I do not know for certain if there is a store on the island that sells a 300 lbs. capacity chair. Easy to buy in the U.S. but I do not want to take it with me on the plane.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 08:03 PM

Send a note off to Craig at Packlite and see if any of his chairs will handle your needs! If he does have any than it will be an inexpensive rental during your time on the island.

Link

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 08:09 PM

That is why I'm asking. I've always used PackLite but this time he says he has no chair for me.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 08:28 PM

Ask him if he would buy you one or he might know where you can get one on island. I would think Ace or Cost you Less would have them.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/27/2018 09:48 PM

Will pm you on this.
Posted By: joe9090

Re: Shipping to SXM - 08/29/2018 11:33 AM

Haven't been to the island in a long time unfortunately but I used to get 4 beach chairs, tape them together and put them in a big plastic lawn bag and tape that up and put a tag on it. One of the kids checks that for their luggage. It was way cheaper then renting chairs for 4 people. I always said I would leave them but ended up packing them up for the trip home. Worked for us.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline