TravelTalkOnline

Baie Rouge

Posted By: DICKG

Baie Rouge - 10/09/2018 12:27 PM

We haven’t heard very much about Baie Rouge , we know that the restaurants have been removed the question I have is there parking in the same places or is it on the road only . We really enjoy that beach .
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/09/2018 01:15 PM

The parking lot is open.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/10/2018 11:46 AM

Is anyone renting chairs and umbrellas there?

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/10/2018 11:51 AM

I don't believe so
Posted By: AUCspouse

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/10/2018 06:24 PM

We were at Baie Rouge yesterday. It's sad to see that the Chez Raymond restaurant was destroyed and (mostly) carted away. No one is renting chairs or umbrellas, but the beach is as beautiful as ever, with no sargassum.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/10/2018 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by AUCspouse
We were at Baie Rouge yesterday. It's sad to see that the Chez Raymond restaurant was destroyed and (mostly) carted away. No one is renting chairs or umbrellas, but the beach is as beautiful as ever, with no sargassum.

Baie Rouge is very much a beach no one should miss visiting. It has been clothing optional and at times just topless but it doesn't matter. If anyone has a day free go to Baie Rouge and bring your backpack with water and a blanket! Enjoy!
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/10/2018 10:35 PM

Are there men that hang around like there used to be. Bush boys hiding behind beach?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/10/2018 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by kccouple
Are there men that hang around like there used to be. Bush boys hiding behind beach?

Probably. Perverts have no boundaries. They are opportunists.
Posted By: Compskier

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 01:25 AM

We've seen them (the "Bush Boys") on more than one occasion. They seem to seek out couples and/or single females sunbathing topless or nude. The last time when my wife was topless, I had had enough, got up and approached the creep in an aggressive manner. He immediately pulled up his shorts and ran away. I think they are sick more than dangerous, but it still makes me nervous when they show up. I wish the authorities could do something about this because Baie Rough is not the only place this happens...

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 01:35 AM

Its the way it is. You take off your cloths and your out there for all to see. Its a shame it happens but by the time authorities could react they are long gone.
Posted By: Compskier

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 02:10 AM

Scubaman, unfortunately you're probably right. But I wonder (hypothetically of course) if a tourist was fast enough to catch one of these SOB's and beat some sense into them, how fast would the authorities show up and haul the tourist off to jail??? Not that it's something I want to do when I am on vacation, but I would certainly cheer on any hero that felt so inclined...lol

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 02:43 AM

Not a good idea in a foreign country or home for that matter.

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 04:19 PM

This link has some pics of Baie Rouge...

http://www.sint-maarten.net/St-Maarten-Beaches/BaieRouge.html
Posted By: actionone

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 04:37 PM

We have spent a lot of our time on the island at Baie Rouge and have seen the bush boys. What ive found that works to keep them away is to point a camera at them. It has worked well for us over the years.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by actionone
We have spent a lot of our time on the island at Baie Rouge and have seen the bush boys. What ive found that works to keep them away is to point a camera at them. It has worked well for us over the years.

Great idea!! Thanks.
Posted By: Pan

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 06:23 PM

I have done this for years and can attest it works.

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by AUCspouse

I do not have contacts with Chez Raymond but would be willing to 'Go Fund' so he can rebuild and bring some chairs and umbrellas to the beach. Food and beverage would be appreciated as well.

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 08:29 PM

That would be a wasted effort as the land owners, after years of trying, legally had him removed.

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pan
That would be a wasted effort as the land owners, after years of trying, legally had him removed.

Thanks for that info... I do remember beachfront property owners blocking the road so no one could access the beach.
Honestly I am growing very tired of this power trip 'I own the beach mentality' The parking is just as stupid. "I own this parking lot?"

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 11:46 PM

They closed it for two days because the parking lot was full of debris. As soon as it was cleared, the lot was opened. It was a safety issue.
Posted By: kim

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/11/2018 11:52 PM

Once upon a time a sign was up, and it was the same sign out on baie longe and Plum staying “no nude sun bathing”. This was a big deal with the people that owned the homes along the beach. Haven’t seen the sign in ages, but I hope that isn’t the reason the lolo’s weren’t allowed to stay. Because the home owners were angry so decided to put up a stink.

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/12/2018 12:40 AM

This was the first beach we visited way back in 1993 . We were staying in a villa just above Rouge. So long ago.

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/12/2018 12:40 AM

This was the first beach we visited way back in 1993 . We were staying in a villa just above Rouge. So long ago.

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/12/2018 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by kim
Once upon a time a sign was up, and it was the same sign out on baie longe and Plum staying “no nude sun bathing”. This was a big deal with the people that owned the homes along the beach. Haven’t seen the sign in ages, but I hope that isn’t the reason the lolo’s weren’t allowed to stay. Because the home owners were angry so decided to put up a stink.

Can't blame them for that.. Want to bath nude go to the designated area on Orient Beach.

Re: Baie Rouge - 10/12/2018 03:45 PM

The clothed vastly outnumbered the nudes on Baie Rouge so I do not think Gus and Ray's were closed for that reason.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline