TravelTalkOnline

Self Serve Laundry

Posted By: RABBY

Self Serve Laundry - 10/17/2018 02:22 AM

Returning to the island December 2-16. First visit post-Irma and very much looking forward to it. In the past, we've stayed at Club Orient and had a washer and dryer at our disposal. Made packing a lot easier for a two week stay, having that available. Do you know of any self serve laundry on the island? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: candj

Re: Self Serve Laundry - 10/17/2018 12:27 PM

Where are you staying? Most of the resorts we stay at have washers and dryers available to the guests (for a fee).
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Self Serve Laundry - 10/17/2018 12:59 PM

..or you can make arrangements with the maid to get laundry done, which is what we do at Beachside Villas..
Posted By: pandpfromcanada

Re: Self Serve Laundry - 10/17/2018 01:26 PM

There was a drop off laundry in the plaza where Leader Price is. I am pretty sure it was there when we were on the island in June. If you rented through VRBO or Airbnb most of those apartment type dwellings will have washing machines and a drying rack. When we used to stay in the Oyster Pond area there was a drop off laundry as well as a coin laundry.
Posted By: RABBY

Re: Self Serve Laundry - 10/17/2018 03:32 PM

We are staying a week at Club Fantastico and a week at Naturist Getaway. Since I know neither of these accommodations have a washer/dryer, that's why I asked. Thanks for your suggestions. If there is a a coin laundry in Oyster Pond that may work since Naturist Getaway is in Oyster Pond.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Self Serve Laundry - 10/17/2018 03:43 PM

Have you checked with either place to see if they can send your laundry out to be done?? Some people can't abide the thought of grocery shopping on vacation. I can't abide the thought of sitting in a laundrymat, watching the dryer go round…
Posted By: Tom

Re: Self Serve Laundry - 10/18/2018 10:47 AM

We did the laundry wait at a laundromat one time about 30+ years ago. Never again, you're on vacation. We asked around and found laundry just past Sunny Day grocery outside Philipsburg. Drop off 8-9 in the morning, pick up 3-4 in the afternoon same day. They wash/fold and shrink wrap. Was $1/lb. Never paid more than $8.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Self Serve Laundry - 10/19/2018 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by RABBY
We are staying a week at Club Fantastico and a week at Naturist Getaway. Since I know neither of these accommodations have a washer/dryer, that's why I asked. Thanks for your suggestions. If there is a a coin laundry in Oyster Pond that may work since Naturist Getaway is in Oyster Pond.

I believe the coin laundry is in Oyster Bay Beach Resort but it may be for guests only? Maybe one of the owners from OBBR can confirm that? If you are a naturist and clothes are only worn part of the time, just wash the dirty clothes in the sink and hang them on the balcony.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Self Serve Laundry - 10/23/2018 04:51 PM

There is a coin laundry in the parking lot area of Super U in a container like building.
There is a nice drop off laundry in Grand Case on the little one way road that runs by the school.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline