TravelTalkOnline

Vacation has started

Posted By: fabila

Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 10:52 AM

Arrived Saturday on JetBlue. Good flight, got through immigration quickly then baggage. We met with our car rental rep, signed papers and left parking area. We rented from SAX and are happy with process and car. Chevy Spark.
Our home for the next two weeks is Beachside Villas. We love returning to BSV.

We arrived to beautiful weather, friendly smiles and the beach right outside our door. Everything looks fantastic at the resort.

After unpacking we took a ride to Orient and had a drink at Bikini. I couldn't bring myself to look at what was no longer there so sat at outside bar drinking my banana colada. We didn't stay long. Mostly French patronage at bar. We will return and spend the day at which time I'll do a better job of looking around beach.

Dinner was at Dinghy Dock. Love the food there and friendly bartenders Michelle and Brian. Rum punch, fish & chips. Dinner comes with 2 sides. I opted for salad and slaw. Good choice. David had Grouper w veggies and Mac& cheese. Fish in butter sauce was very flavorful and Mac & cheese was a wedge/casserole style. He enjoyed it very much.

Our first full day was spent with breakfast on our deck followed by a great morning of swimming and sunning. There were nice small waves to frolick in. Our friends arrived throughout the day so we spent the later afternoon conversing by and in the pool. The pool is lovely at BSV with views of beach with many comfortable lounge chairs.

We all ate dinner at Sale & Pepe last night. Delicious food, nice ambience and very good attentive service. Reservations were made prior to arrival at restaurant. They were able to accommodate our party of 11 on the outside patio. We were served bread with the most delicious and flavorful extra virgin olive oil and a spicy pepper tapenade to dip the bread in. So good. I opted for jumbo shrimp rissotto. It was a winning dish. We split several apps which were all great. Most of our party ate pasta dishes which all loved. Portions were generous so no one had room for dessert. I would recommend Sale & Pepe.

Off to Yacht Club for breakfast soon.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 11:31 AM

Sounds like a good start. Hope it continues to go well.
Posted By: islandlove

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 11:43 AM

Excellent first day! thanks for posting makes me feel like im ALMOST there! Enjoy!!!
Posted By: pat

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 11:47 AM

Louise,

This sounds like a perfect start to a much anticipated vacation and I hope the rest of it goes as smoothly. One of these years and one of these trips I know our paths will cross........we almost made it happen this year.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 11:48 AM

Sounds wonderful Louise!

Happy to see everything going so well.
smile
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 12:43 PM

Where is sale & Pepe located
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 01:08 PM

Sounds like a great start to the vacation!!! Enjoy the trip! Two full weeks, sounds great!!!

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 02:41 PM

Same side of road as Topper's before Market Garden market
Posted By: MamaB

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 05:43 PM

All these years vacationing on the island and we've never been to Dinghy Dock- where exactly is it? We love casual dining!
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 06:32 PM

Lovely! Can't wait to read more. Enjoy your time there. Our turn comes the end of next month.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 07:07 PM

Sounds like a lovely start; thanks for taking us with you. Less than four weeks for me, but you will be gone by then. frown
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by MamaB
All these years vacationing on the island and we've never been to Dinghy Dock- where exactly is it? We love casual dining!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 08:30 PM

Their nightly specials are great. Just have to check Facebook or drive by and check reader board.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Vacation has started - 10/22/2018 11:15 PM

Never been there either....definitely on my list!!

Re: Vacation has started - 10/23/2018 02:46 AM

Tried to get there tonight. Happy Hour 4-7 and nightly specials begin at 7. Monday is all you can eat appetizers. Not sure of price because we hit a backup at the airport at 6pm. Traffic was at a standstill. Forty minutes later we u turned at Hertz and went to eat in Porto Cupecoy.

We saw no through traffic passing down Airport Rd. Appeared everyone was being diverted around the causeway
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Vacation has started - 10/23/2018 04:38 PM

Sounds like a lovely start to your vacation. Sorry I will miss seeing you again. Enjoy every moment!
Posted By: Paul6363

Re: Vacation has started - 10/23/2018 10:41 PM

Have a great time. Hopefully we will be there next year.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline