TravelTalkOnline

Kakao rises

Posted By: BeachKitten

Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 05:12 PM

Rebuilding of Kakao. North of Bikini. They estimate another month till opening. The'vey planted two new large palms at entrance. Keeping them watered.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

New bar. GP will not have his own little place for a few years. Permitting and licensing are different now. For a while he will bartend here.

[Linked Image]

Restroom area
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SURICK

Re: Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 06:08 PM

Those roofs look hurricane proof! Can just picture them launching into the air like a javelin.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 07:05 PM

Well, actually, bigger problem to me is that roof provides ZERO coverage against rain and not much against sun..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 07:06 PM

I've seen better roofs built on the Survivor show. Lol
Posted By: SURICK

Re: Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 07:09 PM

Carol I do think that there is more to the roof than just those poles. I have a feeling that they will thatch in palm branches to the poles. Still, I thought that the structures were to be stronger built was my point. That does not look like much.

Re: Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 07:15 PM

Yeah, I guess we need to see what the roof eventually consists of..
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Well, actually, bigger problem to me is that roof provides ZERO coverage against rain and not much against sun..

They aren't done yet darlin'! Remember the old ones had palms on top? These will be covered and then have the dried palms like a palapa.

The kitchen, restrooms, and bar are more solid. The dining "huts" will not be. Those were always what needed repair at the old location.

Re: Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 08:40 PM

OK, looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Posted By: Todd

Re: Kakao rises - 10/28/2018 10:20 PM

They should be built to the hurricane standards of the ones the government put up......lol.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Kakao rises - 10/29/2018 01:39 PM

I'm glad to see that they're keeping the same vibe as the original location. We always enjoyed our time there, although were disappointed in the food the last couple of times we went. Hope that gets back to its old excellence too! I'm sorry that GP won't have his own little bar; do you know what's holding that up?
Posted By: KGB

Re: Kakao rises - 10/29/2018 05:46 PM

Do you really want to see the concrete military bunker style buildings on a beach? Cause that’s what will withstand category 5 hurricane.... Anything else that is made off wood and plywood, palm tree branches will be wiped out...
You start using concrete and the charm of the beach is GONE. You might as well stay in Miami Beach area.
Posted By: dannan

Re: Kakao rises - 10/31/2018 02:53 AM

Glad to see they are working so diligently to get some of the beach bars reconstructed! Can’t wait to get back!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline