TravelTalkOnline

Six cruise ships in

Posted By: candj

Six cruise ships in - 11/02/2018 12:27 PM

An article in the Daily Herald says there will be six cruise ships in on November 14th and November 28th. We will definitely avoid Philipsburg on the 28th.

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islan...al-call-of-largest-ship-open-high-season
Posted By: Maranjo

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/02/2018 12:40 PM

I will be in on the Rivera on 12/6 and there will be 6 ships in. That is why I am arranging my own private. I am not looking forward to the crowd after I unboard.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/02/2018 02:00 PM

Can't imagine maho beach those days. It will be standing room only. Butt to butt.
Posted By: Pan

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/02/2018 04:23 PM

I'll hide out in Cupecoy that day.

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/02/2018 04:41 PM

No place is safe with 6 ships in. Traffic will be terrible with all the tour buses and one day car rentals.
Posted By: Pan

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/02/2018 04:52 PM

I'll be staying in Cupecoy so I'll park my carcass there for the day. Restaurants are within walking distance so no out & about on the roads for us. Same for the following day as there are 5 ships in.

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/02/2018 09:04 PM

Wise choice.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/05/2018 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
No place is safe with 6 ships in. Traffic will be terrible with all the tour buses and one day car rentals.

Call me crazy but I love when six cruise ships are in port. I go to Philipsburg on purpose to absorb the energy and crowds. Maybe it is a New Yorker thing. 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/05/2018 06:11 PM

I like it when there are a few in port but 6 is over to top. Way to much energy.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/05/2018 06:15 PM

I get an outside table at Greenhouse restaurant and people watch. It is so entertaining.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/05/2018 08:47 PM

Very good business for our Island.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/05/2018 11:15 PM

Those were the days we used to go to Dreams; sadly that's not an option any longer. I'm thinking a pool day at La Vista Beach will be nice.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/05/2018 11:22 PM

We will get situated under a yellow umbrella before the first one off the first boat can find a cab.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/06/2018 12:02 AM

November 28 will be the 2nd day of our trip and we'll be more than happy to spend it chilling in front of our villa at BSV. toast
Posted By: Maranjo

Re: Six cruise ships in - 11/06/2018 12:52 AM

Kenny, that is my thought as well.

It was from a cruise that discovered St Martin almost 30 years ago. With the exception of a couple of European cruises, I had not experience a cruise since until last year when Irma caused cancelling my trip to St Martin. Instead, I had to settle for a last minute Celebrity cruise, which I thoroughly enjoyed--especially the days at sea. I will be back to St Martin for hopefully a month retirement stay next year. But, this year I will be taking an Oceania cruise to St Martin. Unfortunately, it will be in December when 5 other ships are in.

I am excited about the day that I get to spend in what I call paradise. I have contacted Wilfred for a private tour, because there are specific places that I want to go, people that I want to meet with and things that I want to see. I trust him to be able to navigate the impending traffic and get us back to Philipsburg so that I can drop many more coins.

So, I say to everyone concerned that it is only a day and will infuse much needed money into the economy. I do get what you are saying,because I tend to avoid Philipsburg on ship day when staying on the island.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline