TravelTalkOnline

Openings on Anguilla

Posted By: NeilRooney

Openings on Anguilla - 11/04/2018 11:53 AM

I am repeating this post on the SXM Forum as many of you do make day trips to Anguilla. blush

Update of reopening operations on Anguilla.

Straw Hat is open, this past Thursday, with a few new dishes.

Gwen's Bar on Shoal Bay is opening today

Blanchard's is opening tomorrow with a new layout. Bob gave me a tour last Sunday, very nice.

Cap Juluca is scheduled for December 15

I will add more as I confirm dates. Cuisinart is a beehive of activity but I do not know their current target date.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/04/2018 12:05 PM

Hi Neil ,
Good to hear that you are close by even though we haven't been back to Anguilla for a very long time.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/04/2018 12:06 PM

Thanks for the info...we had not decided whether to head over or not. May try to get to Gwen's. Gotta love her rum punches! wink
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/04/2018 04:44 PM

Thanks for the info, Neil. Any info on Madeariman on SBE? And does anyone know the names of the hotel properties adjacent to Madeariman?

TIA
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/04/2018 04:57 PM

Madeariman has been open for some time.
Hotels near Madeariman are Zemi Beach House, Manoah Resort, and Shoal Bay Villas. Cuisinart opened Nov 1, it is stunning.
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/04/2018 05:23 PM

Thanks, Ellen! Is Shoal Bay Villas the property directly next to Madeariman? Of the properties you listed, which one would be the most budget friendly?

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/04/2018 06:48 PM

Shoal Bay Villas, very nice, clean, good prices, and great location. I would choose it in a minute.
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/05/2018 11:11 AM

Cuisinart may be open but it is not ready. I understand that guests have been moved to their other property, The Reef.

Attached picture Cuisinart One.JPG
Attached picture Cuisinart Bar.JPG
Attached picture Cuisinart Bar Deck.JPG

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/05/2018 02:25 PM

Interesting, they have been posting finished pictures on their Facebook page, and are telling everyone they are open. It looks beautiful.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/05/2018 03:49 PM

Any news on La View?

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/05/2018 10:02 PM

Yes, La Vue has been open for a while and so has Flavours Restaurant. La Vue looks lovely and they are running some good specials. Flavours has Chef Kevin Paul with a great new menu.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/06/2018 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by vacanakey
Thanks, Ellen! Is Shoal Bay Villas the property directly next to Madeariman? Of the properties you listed, which one would be the most budget friendly?

When I was there in June, the one directly next door was Manoah. It was beautiful, but I wouldn't call it budget friendly. I couldn't find prices on their website, which isn't a good sign!

Re: Openings on Anguilla - 11/06/2018 04:54 AM

Agree, Manoah is not budget friendly, it is expensive. I don't get to the east end much, but it seems to me, it is Manoah, Madeariman, and then SBV. They are all very close, both Manoah and SBV are on a great stretch of beach.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline