Posted By: ruralcarrier

Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 10:41 AM

DAILY HERALD ARTICLE
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 01:37 PM

It reads like a bunch of tripe.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 01:49 PM

I actually don't even understand what he's trying to say.

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 02:00 PM

He's blaming the Dutch for many of the issues on the island, financial and rebuilding, and states that mostly what the Dutch are doing is a public relations ploy with no real support.

And I see someone like him as more devastating to the island than hurricane Irma.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I actually don't even understand what he's trying to say.

He is a politician, they are good at throwing a lot of verbiage out to confuse people, all the while thinking they are making themselves look good.

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 02:12 PM

He is right to me, as far as the Dutch aid. Other than the immediate aid after the hurricane, the $500M E seems to be nowhere to be found.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 03:21 PM

Sounds like Theo wants the government to start giving financial guarantees. First the airport, then maybe GEBE, and on and on
However, the government doesn't have the money - hence it would have to come from the aid package. Theo even acknowledges that probably causes an issue with The Hague.

Suspicious this is just a request for some to get hands on money - which I acknowledge seems to be missing

J&B
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 05:44 PM

It reads the way it was suppose to read. The airport and port are very geopolitical and if needed could be taken over by the Dutch Government. Look at the the marine traffic on the Philipsburg web cam but zoom out! There are 50 unspecified ships off the coast of Grenada. The world is always prepared for a future war and airports and cruise ship docks are of military importance. I am not saying SXM would be used in wartime but it is a Dutch Government asset.

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/05/2018 11:43 PM

Yeah, ok, sure! And you watch out for the black helicopters hovering over your house.

Re: Theo on the Airport - 11/08/2018 02:14 PM

Update from the Daily Herald.

link
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline