TravelTalkOnline

Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 12:21 PM

New to staying in the area. Will be at Mary’s Boon over New Years. Any issues walking from MB to Simpson Bay Rd to the bridge or even say Toppers? Is daytime ok, but not so at night? I assume Karackter is open nights and no issues walking between?

Finally, I know you can’t drive, but can you walk between Mary’s Boon and Sunset Beach bar During day? Would you do it at night?

I’m betting we drive, but trying to get an idea. Thanks.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 12:37 PM

I would do most of the walking from MB to any place during the day. The road going to MB is rather narrow and dark. The beach is also an option during the day. I would only walk at night on one of the main roads and only if it is well lit. Karakter should be open evenings.

MB to Sunset would be tricky and I would NOT do it at night. There is not an easy way.
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 01:05 PM

Best bet is to do your walking in the daytime. Night time is not a good idea. It does not matter your location, just best to not walk at night. Always be aware of your surroundings and have to have eyes all over your head. thats the facts.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 02:14 PM

As far as SAFETY is concerned, as the others have said, you should be fine walking from there during the day, but definitely NOT at night. I personally would not walk to Sunset at all, as I am lazy and as JD said, there's not an easy way. The best way is probably to walk down to El Zafiro and then cut through the neighborhood. There is a stairs by that one condo complex at the end of Simpson Bay, but I THINK based on something I read here, that those stairs are now locked off. I'm not a big fan of El Zafiro myself, but you could walk to there from Mary's Boon during the day, all along the beach. It's not a bad walk to El Zafiro but it would be all in the sun. I definitely would NOT do that walk at night either though. Karakter is literally next door to Mary's Boon, so no problem going there at night.
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 02:50 PM

Neither of these are short walks and definitely should not be walked at night. Take a cab back.
Posted By: Renee

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 03:20 PM

Can you walk, during the day, to Karakter, Mary's Boon, and El Zafiro from BSV? TY

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 03:22 PM

Renee--yes. El Zafiro is literally next door. Karakter and Mary's Boon are roughly 1/4 mile straight down the beach from Beachside. It would be a hot walk though, as no shade.
Posted By: Renee

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 04:38 PM

Thank you Carol. It might be a hot walk, but it will be for or with a cold cocktail...LOL

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 04:40 PM

Ok, enjoy!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/06/2018 04:43 PM

You could swim to avoid the heat.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Daytime/Nightime Safety Simpson Bay - 11/07/2018 12:12 PM

Thanks for all the replies.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline