TravelTalkOnline

Guana Bay

Posted By: seascape

Guana Bay - 11/07/2018 01:40 AM

First stay post Irma and so excited. Will be in a villa overlooking Guana Bay. Feel like we have been all over the Island but aren’t familiar with this area at all. Any insight as to restaurants nearby? First time using air bob.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Guana Bay - 11/07/2018 02:24 AM

Guana Bay really has no restaurants close. It's probably 10 minutes to P'burg..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Guana Bay - 11/07/2018 03:20 AM

You could do better location wise the restaurants and beaches.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Guana Bay - 11/07/2018 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by seascape
First stay post Irma and so excited. Will be in a villa overlooking Guana Bay. Feel like we have been all over the Island but aren’t familiar with this area at all. Any insight as to restaurants nearby? First time using air bob.

Is the villa in Guana Bay or overlooking Guana Bay in Red Pond? The two areas do not connect so it makes a big difference what area the villa is in.

Re: Guana Bay - 11/07/2018 02:07 PM

It is overlooking Guana Bay in Red Pond. It has a beautiful view of the water and we always rent a car so will be driving to the beaches we enjoy. It got all 5 star reviews and the price was right.

Re: Guana Bay - 11/07/2018 02:22 PM

OK, I don't know anything about Red Pond. My previous reply had to do with Guana Bay itself.

Re: Guana Bay - 11/07/2018 04:09 PM

Mamas Pizza in Oyster Pond and L'Oasis restaurant in Oyster Pond are near Red Pond.
You can make a right instead of a left when leaving Red Pond and take the dirt road passing Westin and Oyster Bay Beach Resort.
Posted By: bigbobthib

Re: Guana Bay - 11/07/2018 08:41 PM

Chesterfield's in Philipsburg near the port.

Re: Guana Bay - 11/08/2018 12:45 PM

More in Oyster Pond is BZH Creperie, Quai Ouest and Bread&Butter next to L'Oasis for staples. The next area close to Red Pond would be Orient since the road over naked boy hill brings you to the intersection leading to Philipsburg to the left or the French side to the right. Orleans has a great bakery on the road to Orient and passed Orient is Rancho Del Sol and Al Dente for excellent meals.
Shop N Drop Grocery SXM
This service has delivered to Red Pond many times...
https://www.shopndropgrocerysxm.com/

Re: Guana Bay - 11/08/2018 05:37 PM

Thanks for the info. We have stayed at OBBR several times but wasn't sure what survived. We did see several restaurants open in Orient Village when we were there in June, including one of our favorites, Le Pimient. We will be arriving Jan. 1, so might be using Jeannie again as I'm not sure what will be open. We've been to Rancho Del Sol but where is Al Dente?

Re: Guana Bay - 11/08/2018 06:58 PM

Here is a map...

Attached picture culdesac.png
Posted By: NYCGAL

Re: Guana Bay - 11/16/2018 06:58 PM

We rented a Villa in Guana Bay for many many years. It's close to PBurg, just over the mountain. Oyster Pond isn't far either. We met some lovely people over the years who live there and stay in touch to this day . It's a quiet, family neighborhood, with a great beach

Re: Guana Bay - 11/16/2018 07:38 PM

Sorry a "great" beach? At Guana Bay?? I guess it's great if you want to surf, but otherwise, I think most people would not agree.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Guana Bay - 11/16/2018 11:09 PM

X2 Best Boogie Board Beach on the island.......no water shoes required....... beautiful views......... no cruise ship folks......... and crystal clear water. dance
Posted By: TIM

Re: Guana Bay - 11/17/2018 02:07 PM

BY chance is there any rental chairs there

Re: Guana Bay - 11/17/2018 02:13 PM

No. No services there at all.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline