TravelTalkOnline

RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8

Posted By: smalbany

RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 01:59 PM

http://www.royalislander.com/the-news-you-have-been-waiting-for-from-royal-islander-club/ Yea!!!!!!!
Posted By: rterrones

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 02:51 PM

Yes, just read it also. Sooooo looking forward to getting back on the island and doing our part to give their economy a boost.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 05:07 PM

Great news for the island!
Posted By: spiker

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 06:15 PM

Might be great news for the island but not for me. They posted this too late. I just checked flights and for end of April it'll be almost a $1000 ea. and the flight times are ridiculous! Time for me to get out of this timeshare!
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 07:00 PM

The airfares are going to put a damper on a lot of people, they are out of sight.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 07:31 PM

Airfares have been out of sight for a good portion of the country since Irma, and before.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 07:31 PM

We are not rich people at all, but we rarely pay to fly.We belong to AA advantage and always book as far in advance as possible.How about all you other folks?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 08:01 PM

We're rarely able to find flights to SXM with AA miles; maybe it's the time of year we travel: around Thanksgiving. We use the Capitol One Venture Card, and their purchase eraser to pay for our flights and/or other travel expenses. Easier for us.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 08:18 PM

Yes, I think it's very much a function of where you are trying to fly from and when you want to fly, as to being able to get FF tickets. Living here in Florida, doing a nonstop from Miami on AA, and almost always flying off season and NOT on the weekends, we are usually able to find FF seats without any problem, for the cheapest mileage on AA. We always try to book way ahead of time also. We were lucky enough to be able to book FF tickets on Delta through Atlanta for next summer also, booking the VERY FIRST day they were available, but we did have to pay more miles than the minimum for them.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/10/2018 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by kccouple
We are not rich people at all, but we rarely pay to fly.We belong to AA advantage and always book as far in advance as possible.How about all you other folks?

We buy one way First class and use miles for the other first class tickets. Usually get what we want as we book 11 months out with AA. At a decent price too.
Posted By: megamania

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/11/2018 12:55 AM

I must say i was in shock when I booked our direct flights out of toronto for Jan 26/19. The cheapest we have ever paid thru Air transat. 497.00 return, all taxes in. It is almost unbelievable,,,so I sure hope its right. We booked through our sister in law who is a travel agent, but I had found the flights on Air Transat sight, so I double checked with her and had her do the booking, cause I was skeptical. Not complaining, that is for sure, just very thankful. We always pay at least 600 or more, and have paid as much as 900.00 direct return.
Posted By: EdB

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/11/2018 08:36 PM

I just saw this on the ri website. So excited to be going home in March!!!! People....if any of you can travel through FLL....check out the lower prices direct to SXM from FLL. on Jet Blue. It is a brand new route for JB, and when the route was announced...my wife and i were able to secure 2 round trip tickets for under 700 for both of us!!!!! Can't wait till March now!!
Posted By: pat

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/11/2018 08:59 PM

Drove by today, Sunday St. Marten Day, and there were workers everywhere. Lucky you all.....😊😊
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/11/2018 09:26 PM

We are looking at that route for June. Delta from Sarasota is $800 PP but it's $630 for both of us if we drive to FLL. That $1000 savings is well worth the 3 hour drive and an overnight stay. Just waiting to make sure the wifey can get that time off.
Posted By: bonsie

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/12/2018 01:32 AM

last month I booked non stop on AA JFK - SXM on a 8AM departure for $417.00 R/T this was for June 1 - 8 2019

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/12/2018 02:29 AM

Might want to recheck it as our JFK/SXM flight is no longer end of May 2019. Now its CLT to SXM.

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/12/2018 03:37 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I checked and you were right on. The good thing is that it's not much of a problem. its just a matter of leaving home 1 hr. earlier and a 90 minute layover in CLT. Thanks for alerting me. We will landing in SXM 90 mins. later than original time. No big deal. Thx again
Posted By: Todd

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/12/2018 04:26 PM

I would bet that your flight options change several times before May, so I would monitor and not wait for AA to give you updates. Who knows, they might return with the JFK SXM flight.

They change less than Insel Air where we are getting updated flight times once a week with changes from 10 am to 5:20 pm departures from CUR to SXM, presently at 2:15pm.

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/12/2018 06:29 PM

Todd, this was my fault I should have known when booking. My non stop was active when I booked. every June AA stops their non stops to SXM out of JFK until high season...My pea brain just didn't think of it when I booked but, I will keep checking the flight. AA is the worst for letting people know of passengers of any changes. I'm happy with the new flights we have...when we go in the summer, we always fly Jetblue because the fly non stop year round to SXM but when I saw the price on AA I jumpped on it

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/12/2018 06:57 PM

Ours was an early May flight from SEA to JFK to SXM that was changed to a SEA to CLT to SXM which was fine with us as we originally wanted that one. We booked the other route because the First Class tickets were much cheaper. Now we have the one we preferred at the lower price.
Posted By: wofan

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/14/2018 06:57 PM

Sadly, our week is 48 at RI which is the week before they open. We will be on the island already for week 47 (11/24 - 12/1) and 48 (12/1 - 12/8) but had not rented a place for the second week, hoping it would be open at RI. This news caused us to scramble a bit for a place (12/1 - 12/8) but we found that there are lots of open properties and were able to find a villa in Pointe Blanche overlooking the cruise port at a very reasonable price. We will just roll over our maintenance fee at RI to 2019. Can't wait to get back again!
Posted By: the captain

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/14/2018 10:53 PM

Promising news. They are working hard for the winter season.

BTW, I reached out to them re: maintenance fees. They sent we'd get a bill when they'd opened, which I found surprising. So to RIC owners, you havent paid maintenance fees since Irma?
Posted By: the captain

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/14/2018 11:00 PM

addendum: Just happened upon this websam at 6 pm and saw a few lights on a La Terasse, top floor. Perhaps a sign of the round the clock work?

http://sunsetsxm.com/plane-info/
Posted By: EdB

Re: RI La Plage Reopening Dec 8 - 11/15/2018 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by mirrodie
Promising news. They are working hard for the winter season.

BTW, I reached out to them re: maintenance fees. They sent we'd get a bill when they'd opened, which I found surprising. So to RIC owners, you havent paid maintenance fees since Irma?

Easy answer....NO. they didn't send out any invoices for fees post Irma. At least not yet.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline