TravelTalkOnline

American plane staying

Posted By: jeepers

American plane staying - 11/10/2018 09:22 PM

Looks like American to Charlotte deplaning. Did pushback then returned to gate. Not fun once you are on the plane for sure.
Posted By: SandS

Re: American plane staying - 11/10/2018 09:41 PM

Is it because of the weather? It is really bad here. I don't think I ever heard thunder here before.

Re: American plane staying - 11/10/2018 09:45 PM

I don't think so. There were quite a few people under the parked jet looking at it then the gate attached to jet again. Air France took off with heavy rain & cloud cover ok.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: American plane staying - 11/10/2018 10:47 PM

Wow! Did you see the Caribbean air 737 ready to land and lo and behold a small plane on the runway ready to take off. Video on PTZ SXM. PTZ called the video a "laxative moment" LOL American passengers had to deplane. What a day at the airport! The weather was Nasty, nasty!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 03:26 AM

What the heck happened?! Thank goodness we got out on this same flight 4 days ago. OMG, they anticipate a 4am flight now? Oh heck no. Is everyone still there at the airport? Oh, the horror. frown

American AA 866

Sint Maarten to Charlotte
– AA 866

Sint Maarten to Charlotte
– AA 866
DELAYED 12 HR, 38 MIN
3:22 pm 6:47 pm
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 03:55 AM

Talk about the pucker factor, yikes!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 04:31 AM

Friends just called us from SXM. Severe rain and thunder was the worst ever they've experience anywhere. No wonder for the flight delays.
Posted By: sasasal

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 09:59 AM

Just spoke to husband who is on Island, and he said he has never seen this king of downpours, and it lasted for hours... He was surprised water did not come into house... He almost thought it was a hurricane. He is only there for a short time, but so far lots of rain... Weather is crazy everywhere...
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 01:55 PM

4 AM departure?? That's just stupid. Once it was delayed that long, why wouldn't they schedule it for after daylight? Anyone know what actually happened? Sounds like the weather was horrific.

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 02:16 PM

Air France took off amidst heavy rain & heavy cloud cover right around then. The pilot said something about not taking off soon enough next thing he returned to gate & several people were under it looking at the under carriage then they wheeled the stairs over.

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 02:24 PM

Well, yeah, that's what you said before. But what actually happened?? Did they leave and when?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 02:57 PM

Looking at Flight Aware, it looks like they cancelled the flight completely and it will just be the Sunday flight now. I'm not sure about that though, as the flight log is very confusing. It shows it as "taxiing for takeoff" at 3:56 yesterday.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL866/history/20181110/1932ZZ/TNCM/KCLT (link)

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 05:27 PM

I thought we would know if there is an AA plane on the ground, that it was still the Charlotte flight. But the Maho Beach cam isn't showing the terminal and I can't get the SXM Island Cam picture to come up. I feel sorry for those people on that flight!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 06:02 PM

Flight did leave and the one today for arrival had a problem , but it was solved late. Delayed for about two hours for arrival to SXM this afternoon.

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 06:10 PM

Lesley--what time did they leave?

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys
Flight did leave and the one today for arrival had a problem , but it was solved late. Delayed for about two hours for arrival to SXM this afternoon.

That delay of today's departure will cause people to miss connecting flights from Charlotte frown
I know we wouldn't have made it back to DCA.
We were blessed thankfully with no issues this trip.

Last year AA stranded us in Philly due to that East Coast flight control fire. Scrambled but got on Amtrak. Whew.

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill

Is this yesterday's flight?

American Airlines Icon 866 American Airlines Wi-Fi onboard
Diverted
Actual
10:49 AM
SXM
Departs November 12
Scheduled : 3:22 PM
Terminal : 1
Gate : 006
Actual
10:01 PM
MIA

Scheduled : 10:53 AM
Terminal : N
Gate : D28
Baggage : D

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 06:20 PM

Twitter:

American Airlines

Verified account

@AmericanAir
17h17 hours ago
More
We're still planning to fly, and we should be heading out from MIA at 11:45p. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like Direct message

Colin Huntley

@colinhuntley
Follow Follow @colinhuntley
More
Replying to @AmericanAir
That’s interesting as I am currently sitting at an SXM hotel with 5 other flight 866 pax who heard Flight captain make official announcement that flight would leave SXM 8 AM 11/11.

6:17 PM - 10 Nov 2018
Posted By: Kennys

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 07:30 PM

Carol actually I don't know at what time they left yesterday.

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 07:49 PM

Lesley, I think they stayed overnight?
Posted By: LINNY

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 08:03 PM

Today’s flight to Charlotte has also been delayed, last we heard was 2 hours. This wAs from a passenger who decided to sit by the pool and wait instead of the airport. Smart lady lol

Re: American plane staying - 11/11/2018 08:18 PM

So much for the accuracy of Flight Aware.....

Re: American plane staying - 11/12/2018 02:19 AM

Wow, the horror stories about that flight are coming out now on FB.
Posted By: SXMSAMMY

Re: American plane staying - 11/12/2018 02:20 AM

Sent to me from a friend: "You won’t believe our day yesterday.
We arrived at airport around 1:00 pm it was hot and uncomfortable. Finally they announce our flight, we board our plane which was late getting in. Sit on the plane, for at least half hour until they get their flight plan. Then they announce that because of some FAA rule where the crew cannot exceed their time we have to return to terminal. We get off then are told that we wouldn’t be flying out till 8:00 am next morning. Then they miraculously find us a plane to take us to Miami where we would spend overnight. That didn’t happen. While leaving SXM to get on the plane we got drenched in the rain boarding the plane had to sit in wet clothes to Miami. Then we are told that we have to check our bags, go through security and board a flight to Charlotte. We arrive in Charlotte to find that our bags left Miami enroute to Boston. Now we are cold and hungry in Charlotte waiting for a flight to Boston. No one from AMERICAN to explain anything- what a mess.
AMERICAN has a lot of explaining to do." They got into Boston today at 11:50AM!
Posted By: Bahston

Re: American plane staying - 11/12/2018 02:45 AM

Flightaware gets confused, but it reports what it can. I can't speak to the accuracy, bet her's what I see:

AAL 886 dep SXM 11/10 20:09 arr MIA 21:57

Then there's an unusual AA flight number , AAL 9202 on the night of the 11th.

AAL 9202 dep MIA 11/11 12:04, arr CLT 02:44

That second flight may have been a special flight for the SXM-CLT passengers.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: American plane staying - 11/12/2018 03:14 AM

Call and demand to talk to a supervisor. Talking direct usually gets you some compensation. If that fails post on their Facebook page.

Re: American plane staying - 11/12/2018 03:19 AM

OK, I'm totally confused. They left SXM and went to Miami? And then to Charlotte?

Re: American plane staying - 11/12/2018 03:46 AM

OK, I'm totally confused. They left SXM and went to Miami? And then to Charlotte?

And their luggage went to Boston?

Re: American plane staying - 11/13/2018 02:33 PM

It looks like their final destination was Boston. But I always thought since 911, your checked bags had to be on the same plane you're on.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: American plane staying - 11/13/2018 03:24 PM

Sort of, but not always. Bags fly without their passengers all the time when they get "misplaced." I once had a flight where they didn't load a single bag into the hold (I don't know how the hell that happened) but we got our bags later in the day. I think the rule is more along the lines of the passenger cannot choose to fly separately from their luggage, but the airline can manage otherwise.

Re: American plane staying - 11/13/2018 03:50 PM

Sometimes no bags are loaded on the plane if the plane is overweight, and the choice is either to fly the PEOPLE or not fly at all. We had that situation leaving Antigua one time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline