TravelTalkOnline

Air France take off....

Posted By: pat

Air France take off.... - 11/11/2018 09:35 PM

We just just walked down to the viewing stand here at Beachside Villas and watched a HUGE Air France take off over Maho Beach. That sucker was enormous as it came out of the terminal area and rolled down the runway towards the Mary’s Boon end of the runway. We watched it turn and wind it’s engines out and start to roll in our general direction. By the time it reached the area we were in, perhaps half way down the runway from where it started to roll, it was already nose up and on its way. What a site to behold!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 12:12 AM

Hopefully you took a picture?? I so miss seeing the KLM 747. cry
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Hopefully you took a picture?? I so miss seeing the KLM 747. cry

I'm sorry to say that we have a shi*tload of plane pictures...lol!!

Instead of putting in my report I will grab some of hubby's and post for you Carol.

That Air France take off is incredible. They are lifted and off before you think they could be. Certainly do not need that whole runway.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 12:49 AM

Pat, i watched it today, and yesterday taking off in the rain on Maho Beach Cam, and its crazy how soon that big bird can get airborn!

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 01:46 AM

Leona--looking forward to seeing those pictures!

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 02:02 AM

Hubby got pics landing in the rain...he likes the spray from the rainway. wink

We would be chillin' at the pool and he'd run like a little boy to the viewing platform. BSV is paradise for both of us. lol
Posted By: SXMSAMMY

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 02:21 AM

For some reason, all Air France planes for the past 1.5 weeks has been taking off over Maho....while all other have taken off heading away from Maho...
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 04:41 PM

Takeoffs and landings are determined by the wind direction. Pilots want to take off and land into the wind, it gives extra lift.

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 04:55 PM

Not the water spray pic, but one that shows how quickly they are off the ground heading into wind towards Maho. Lift off way before our viewing platform.

[Linked Image]

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 04:56 PM

Wow, yes that is early. Great pic!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Air France take off.... - 11/12/2018 06:39 PM

Probably safer for the beach goers from the jet blasts too.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline