TravelTalkOnline

Road conditions

Posted By: candj

Road conditions - 11/14/2018 08:45 PM

Arriving back in 11 days and were wondering about the road conditions. The roads were rough before Irma and are they worse or about the same? We like to go to Grand Case, and Orient Beach, so we were particularly interested in the main roads from Simpson Bay to both Grand Case and Orient Beach? How is the main road in Grand Case?
Posted By: soualigacapt

Re: Road conditions - 11/14/2018 09:02 PM

The roads are no better or worse than normal. There will always be some potholes etc. Each side of the island has a different schedule for repairs so at times it's a little worse on the Dutch side and at other times its worse on the French side. Lately we have a lot of rain and potholes always grow after had rains. Don't worry, you will have no problem on the main roads. Just watch out.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Road conditions - 11/14/2018 09:11 PM

Hi Bob. Good to see you here! smile What about the main road through Grand Case? Has it ever gotten fixed?? It was horrible when we were there in June.
Posted By: candj

Re: Road conditions - 11/15/2018 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by soualigacapt
The roads are no better or worse than normal. There will always be some potholes etc. Each side of the island has a different schedule for repairs so at times it's a little worse on the Dutch side and at other times its worse on the French side. Lately we have a lot of rain and potholes always grow after had rains. Don't worry, you will have no problem on the main roads. Just watch out.

How about the main street through Grand Case, in front of Piazza Pascal?

Re: Road conditions - 11/15/2018 04:26 PM

Yes, I asked that question yesterday. Anyone???
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Road conditions - 11/15/2018 04:36 PM

Has to be better than it was in May. Was horrible then.
Posted By: soualigacapt

Re: Road conditions - 11/15/2018 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Hi Bob. Good to see you here! smile What about the main road through Grand Case? Has it ever gotten fixed?? It was horrible when we were there in June.

Really don't know. It's been a while since I went down that rod but a few months ago it wasn't too bad.
Posted By: LINNY

Re: Road conditions - 11/15/2018 10:39 PM

Didn’t seem to bad to me this week

Re: Road conditions - 11/16/2018 12:49 AM

Linny--what's that mean?? Did it seem like a paved road?? When we were there in June, it seemed like a cow path..
Posted By: JohnInAL

Re: Road conditions - 11/16/2018 12:57 AM

Drove down it today. Few potholes but not really bad.

Re: Road conditions - 11/16/2018 01:33 AM

OK, thanks.
Posted By: pat

Re: Road conditions - 11/16/2018 01:56 AM

We’ve been finding lots of potholes virtually everywhere we’ve been, some of them really huge. But the biggest issue seems to be in the areas that were totally flooded since you can’t tell what you’re driving into. My most sincere apologies to all we inconvenience but our solution, if we must drive through these areas in the first place, is to creep through them. I can’t tell you how many cars we’ve followed who have tried to speed through these areas with apparently little concern for their cars, be they personal or rental, or their fellow travelers. Is it really that important that you can’t take an extra 2-3 minutes to get there?
Posted By: LINNY

Re: Road conditions - 11/16/2018 05:23 AM

Much better then a cow path and much better then when we there in March, I believe it was paved, typical SXM road but lots of parked cars

Re: Road conditions - 11/16/2018 01:00 PM

OK sounds like it has improved some then. That's good.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Road conditions - 11/17/2018 04:48 PM

Last night, Grand Case Boulevard was one HECK of a lot better than the road to BSV. I thought Grand Case was just fine.l
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Road conditions - 11/17/2018 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
Last night, Grand Case Boulevard was one HECK of a lot better than the road to BSV. I thought Grand Case was just fine.l

I would agree with you Linda! White Sands Lake and it's potholes are a mess! We had no issues at all bumping along through Grand Case.

Now that road to Friar's Bay via Gutside and Ruby Bute's is a hot mess!!

Re: Road conditions - 11/17/2018 05:03 PM

Glad Grand Case road is better. Are you staying at Beachside, Linda??

Re: Road conditions - 11/17/2018 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
Originally Posted by jazzgal

I would agree with you Linda! White Sands Lake and it's potholes are a mess! We had no issues at all bumping along through Grand Case.

Now that road to Friar's Bay via Gutside and Ruby Bute's is a hot mess!!

In June, that road was better than the "back" entrance that takes you to FBBC direct. THAT was atrocious!

Re: Road conditions - 11/17/2018 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Glad Grand Case road is better. Are you staying at Beachside, Linda??

No. I have a 1000 sf condo/apartment at Tradewinds, across from Cupeboy BC and Rainbow.

Re: Road conditions - 11/17/2018 09:08 PM

OK, enjoy.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline