TravelTalkOnline

Protest over Marina Royale Building Demo

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Protest over Marina Royale Building Demo - 11/29/2018 11:55 AM

DAILY HERALD ARTICLE
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Protest over Marina Royale Building Demo - 11/29/2018 12:40 PM

Looks like the tenants have some very legitimate complaints, if in fact the building is not in danger of collapse. Curious situation, why the Collectivite' is in such a rush to demolish, when they should be focusing on rebuilding. I suspect there's something else going on.

Re: Protest over Marina Royale Building Demo - 11/29/2018 12:56 PM

One could surmise that. Kind of like with Orient. I will say, some of the pictures of the one end of the Marina Royale looked pretty devastated.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Protest over Marina Royale Building Demo - 11/29/2018 01:21 PM

"If we don't get satisfaction we will continue protesting and it will get worse."

The end of the article states there is "a new construction project for Port La Royale Marina" with a two to three year projection.

Re: Protest over Marina Royale Building Demo - 11/29/2018 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
"If we don't get satisfaction we will continue protesting and it will get worse."

The end of the article states there is "a new construction project for Port La Royale Marina" with a two to three year projection.

Sounds like the same construction schedule as for Diamond Resorts!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Protest over Marina Royale Building Demo - 11/29/2018 02:28 PM

Right, regarding Orient. They are in no hurry to rebuild, yet they made Chez Leandra and the others that were there, they made them move out. Stupid.
Posted By: Steve Bond

Re: Protest over Marina Royale Building Demo - 11/29/2018 03:15 PM

This just fails the smell test. I wonder if someone is getting paid to declare the property unusable. Love Petit Auberge des Iles and have been going there for dinner for close to 20 years. Pray the renters prevail in court.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline