TravelTalkOnline

Cell phone rental

Posted By: candj

Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 11:36 AM

Is Sharon renting cell phones again? We heard that she was getting back into the business or that a friend of hers was starting a phone rental business.
Posted By: mort

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 11:49 AM

Jeannie from Shop and Drop. Or Bob from Packlight.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 02:09 PM

Jeannie is renting phones now? I hadn't heard that. That's new. At one time, she was talking about buying Sharon's business, but I guess it never worked out. Bob, for sure has been doing it for a long time.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 02:09 PM

Pretty sure they worked out some kind of deal.

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 02:10 PM

JD--who? Sharon and Jeannie, you mean?

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 02:16 PM

Yes.

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 02:17 PM

OK, thanks.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Jeannie is renting phones now? I hadn't heard that. That's new. At one time, she was talking about buying Sharon's business, but I guess it never worked out. Bob, for sure has been doing it for a long time.

I know you aren't in favor of Facebook, but it was announced there in the various SXM forums. Fora?

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 02:48 PM

There is a link on her ShopNDrop website now. I don't remember seeing it before.
Posted By: truant2

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/03/2018 03:00 PM

Just another thought. You can purchase an unlocked GSM phone for less than $50 on Amazon and buy a Chippie from several vendors. We could program in the contacts we needed, both on island at back home, and those would stay in memory. If it gets lost or destroyed, no big deal.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/04/2018 01:20 AM

No Jeannie is doing this on her own as a way to suppliment her business after the hurricane. She rents smart phones as the older analogue phones do not work on the island anymore. She mainly rents the phones to those ordering groceries from her and delivers the phones at the same time.
Posted By: sailbynight

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/04/2018 03:23 AM

Just a suggestion, Nearly all US Carriers have an affordable international plan too.

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/04/2018 10:54 AM

Ok, in reading what Sharon posted on facebook, it looks like she agreed to help Jeannie get her rental program up and running.

I have decided to help Jeannie of ShopnDrop grocery delivery to set up a cell phone rental program. I am confident that she will give all who use her the best service possible. This will be a delivery only service with a $10.00 delivery & pick up fee but should you order groceries as well the delivery fee will be waived.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Cell phone rental - 12/04/2018 11:45 AM

Yes, she is definitely helping Jeannie and giving her lots of support.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline