TravelTalkOnline

Ance Marcel Beach to reopen

Posted By: mdldgl

Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/13/2018 04:40 PM

Just posted on “Magic of the Caribbean” face book page, Ance Marcel Beach to reopen on Dec 20th!👏
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/13/2018 05:46 PM

I can't believe how different the pictures now showing are from the pictures I took just a couple of weeks ago when there were only four palapas. Can't help but wonder if they are photoshopped. Regardless, the pictures are lovely.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/13/2018 05:52 PM

Linda--I was just thinking that you had been there, and it seemed very far away from opening when you were there. Good to hear they are reopening soon though.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/13/2018 08:18 PM

We went there when we were on island the same week as jazzgal. Surprised they managed to pull it together that fast, but no complaints. One of our favorite beaches.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/14/2018 01:32 AM

I think the pictures that I saw on FaceBook were computer generated.

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/14/2018 02:09 AM

Posted in an earlier trip report; pictures taken November 30.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/14/2018 02:18 AM

The aerial shot I saw on FB look computerized
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/14/2018 05:37 PM

I will actually be surprised if the opening is that soon. I think the pictures they posted is what the finished product will look like. Your pictures are what it actually looks like now.
Posted By: KayMike

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/17/2018 09:55 AM

What sort of place -- just a beach with food, shade, drinks, chairs & bathrooms for anyone? Entry fee or just for food/drinks? Our cruise stop at SXM is early in January....haven't decided WHERE to go.....daughter was there on cruise stop week after Thanksgiv & they had trouble finding a taxi driver to drive them to Orient Beach & Club O end.

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/17/2018 10:29 AM

It's not "just a beach" IMO; it's a very special beach, to me, at least. But yes, when it reopens, it will have food (and very very good, if it's the same operators from before), nice bathrooms, chairs, etc. I don't know that I'd go there on a cruise stop as it is difficult to get to and I'd be concerned about a taxi getting me back to the ship on time.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/17/2018 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by KayMike
What sort of place -- just a beach with food, shade, drinks, chairs & bathrooms for anyone? Entry fee or just for food/drinks? Our cruise stop at SXM is early in January....haven't decided WHERE to go.....daughter was there on cruise stop week after Thanksgiv & they had trouble finding a taxi driver to drive them to Orient Beach & Club O end.

Strange we were there over Thanksgiving and there were plenty of cruise ship passengers on Club O beach, every ship day, with taxis waiting for pick ups back to the ship as well.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/17/2018 01:14 PM

I think Jazzgal meant difficult to get to Anse Marcel not Orient; since the original post was for Anse Marcel Beach
Posted By: pat

Re: Ance Marcel Beach to reopen - 12/17/2018 01:45 PM

I’d be inclined to agree heartily with everything Linda has said about Anse Marcel. It quickly became our favorite beach but that said, it definitely wasn’t our everyday beach. The prices were in Euros and they were not inexpensive - we once took our extended family of five there for a day and by the time DH got around to paying the bill at the end of our day I thought he might need a defibrillator. Between chairs, drinks, lunch for five and wine, I could only say ouch! Along with “Thank God for credit cards!” But it really was a wonderful and unforgettable day and we can only hope the ‘new’ Anse Marcel will be as lovely.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline