TravelTalkOnline

Arriving on Christmas Day Where can we have dinner? Simpson Bay Area

Posted By: Island Girl

Arriving on Christmas Day Where can we have dinner? Simpson Bay Area - 12/15/2018 03:07 AM

Just curious will we be able to have dinner out? Staying @ SBBR. Prefer something in Simpson Bay. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Will Garden Market be open to pick up a few staples?
Posted By: PattyH

Re: Arriving on Christmas Day Where can we have dinner? Simpson Bay Area - 12/15/2018 09:36 PM

Many of the islanders have accepted Christmas celebrations has been my experience when in SXM over Christmas. That being said, I do recall a lot of signs by restaurants indicating what type of specials they will have for Christmas, with many taking reservations before and can be completely booked by Christmas. If you have a favorite, try getting in touch with them to see if they will be open and if they plan any specials for that day. As to supermarkets, I think the few that open will close by Noon, but that's probably not true for the Chinese markets.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Arriving on Christmas Day Where can we have dinner? Simpson Bay Area - 12/15/2018 10:56 PM

You might contact the resort and ask, but I figure that the restaurants at the SB resort will be open. Grocery stores, I don't think so, but not sure.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Arriving on Christmas Day Where can we have dinner? Simpson Bay Area - 12/16/2018 12:02 AM

Everywhere will open. Even the stores are allowed to open till 10.00pm.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Arriving on Christmas Day Where can we have dinner? Simpson Bay Area - 12/16/2018 12:04 AM

Our favourite is Sale & Pepe not too far from where you would be staying.
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: Arriving on Christmas Day Where can we have dinner? Simpson Bay Area - 12/19/2018 09:36 PM

We've got reservations at Toppers. Our first Christmas ever not at home. Feels weird.

Christmas carol karaoke will no doubt make it fun and Christmas-y.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Arriving on Christmas Day Where can we have dinner? Simpson Bay Area - 12/20/2018 12:48 AM

"Christmas carol karaoke will no doubt make it fun and Christmas-y."
Not a fan of Karaoke but now that would be fun.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline