TravelTalkOnline

Oyster Pond

Posted By: Mbrott

Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 12:59 AM

We are looking at staying in Oyster pond May 2019. We've usually stayed in Orient in the past and are thinking of a change this year.

Our breakfast used to be Croissants every day and french bread from Good morning cage Pre-Irma.

Is there a bakery similar to that in Oyster pond? Also restaurants in Oyster that we can do takeout from for Lunch.

Thanks

Mbrott
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 01:20 AM

Go back to orient, Good Morning is open!!
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 01:23 AM

I agree. Also yellow sub I believe will be open.
Posted By: SURICK

Re: Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 01:24 AM

There is next to L'Oasis near BZH. Not much night life left in Oyster Pond as Dinghy Dock and Iguana are both gone.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by jeepers
I agree. Also yellow sub I believe will be open.

Yes Yellow Sub is open, so is Le Douze, Coda Bar, BO Pizza, Bikini Beach and Kakao Beach,and all the restaurants in the village
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 01:18 PM

Bread and Butter is the store next to L'Oasis and they have wonderful croissants and pastries. We stay in Oyster Pond and I walk there every morning for our croissants. We go to Orient everyday and when we want to bring lunch to the beach we stop at the bakery in Orleans to get sandwiches. I believe Bread and Butter also makes sandwiches to go but I never tried them. We will be there in May also.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 05:19 PM

We just stayed a week in Oyster Pond, after a week in Orient Village, and liked both places equally. There is no bakery, but the store next to l'Oasis, Bread n Butter, has fresh baked goods daily. l'Oasis & BZH Creperie have excellent French food, and the pizza from l'Oasis is one of the best, if not the best, we've had on the island. Both restaurants, plus the store, have very friendly staffs. The area was especially hard hit by Irma, and they are glad to see visitors returning.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 06:48 PM

Had breakfast at l'Oasis a few years back with Ann (AnnandSteve) while waiting for one of the nearby pottery shops to open. Gotta say, they make the most wonderful scrambled eggs!

Anyone know the status of the pottery shops there.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Oyster Pond - 12/17/2018 07:35 PM

Speaking of pottery, I've been wondering what happened to Marie Moine? Her house and studio are still there, but no sign with her name. Wondering if she left the island?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline