TravelTalkOnline

Club O photos

Posted By: kenmoore

Club O photos - 12/21/2018 09:13 PM

Has anyone done a photo shoot of Club O with before and after pictures. I have seen scattered photos throughout various threads.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Club O photos - 12/24/2018 06:42 PM

I have a pic of Papagayo after Irma...

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club O photos - 12/24/2018 07:03 PM

That doesn't look to sound right now. Those side supports look like they are about to buckle and crumble. Would not want to be under that one when it does.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Club O photos - 12/24/2018 07:14 PM

ikr I took that pic in June 2018 and was actually standing in the restaurant?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club O photos - 12/24/2018 07:41 PM

Lucky you.
Posted By: biglar

Re: Club O photos - 12/28/2018 02:35 AM

I posted a few stories on my blog on Nov. 15 and Nov. 16 that show photos of Club O I took when my wife and I made daily visits in October for 3 weeks. You can see the stories here: https://lifewithldub.blogspot.com/search?q=Club+O
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Club O photos - 12/28/2018 12:44 PM

Nice writing and pics at your blog site.

The before/after aerials of Club O help get me ready for what Ill see soon.
Not sure what our reaction might be.
I do know the approach,hit and aftermath of Irma had a big effect on us.cant imqgine what it was for locals.
Posted By: Renee

Re: Club O photos - 12/28/2018 01:26 PM

How safe did you feel walking on Orient Beach, or the other beaches for that matter, without shoes on? I'm just a little leary that there might still be debris buried in the sand not only on land, but also in the water. Your thoughts? We are returning in July. TY.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Club O photos - 12/28/2018 04:36 PM

It depends on how far out you go. We encountered no debris in water up to our chins, however there are a few rocks. A woman who was snorkeling near the floating ropes said that she saw a chair & what appeared to be a generator.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Club O photos - 12/28/2018 07:16 PM

You will always find debris in any water even if no hurricane blew in. There are people called "litter bugs" and they don't give a crap where they dispose their waste. I have stepped on beer bottles , cans, boards, forks, etc. while swimming (and not only in SXM). If you are being cautious, wear water shoes. No one can predict what you may step on so be safe. While boating in Barnegat Bay years after Sandy, we hit a refridgerator in the water and also patio furniture.
Posted By: soualigacapt

Re: Club O photos - 12/29/2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Biturbo
It depends on how far out you go. We encountered no debris in water up to our chins, however there are a few rocks. A woman who was snorkeling near the floating ropes said that she saw a chair & what appeared to be a generator.

The "generator" was probably a mooring anchor.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Club O photos - 12/29/2018 01:46 PM

Yep, there are a few of them out there. Perhaps for the floats that were there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline