TravelTalkOnline

Turquoise Shell

Posted By: buffonthebeach

Turquoise Shell - 12/22/2018 11:07 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Turquoise Shell Inn in Simpson Bay Recently? If so, please let me know how your stay there was.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Turquoise Shell - 12/23/2018 12:34 AM

Not recently; I haven't stayed there since Carter sold it. It looks as though their web site hasn't changed since Carter was there. He told me he thought that it now was mostly long-term rentals. Will be interested in hearing about your experience if you decide to stay. I always enjoyed it for a short stay.
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Turquoise Shell - 12/23/2018 02:39 PM

The new owners remodeled the first floor units. I talked to the new manager this past October. She said they were still renting short term on those units. The upstairs units are definitly longer term.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Turquoise Shell - 12/23/2018 02:55 PM

Does anyone know if they've upgraded to King beds? That was the ONE reason we didn't stay there after we visited and looked at the rooms. It is a cute location, and there was a resident kitty around the pool.

(I miss Byblos too) frown
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Turquoise Shell - 12/23/2018 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten

(I miss Byblos too) frown

OH! So do I!! Jacob made the BEST baklava!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Turquoise Shell - 12/23/2018 04:06 PM

I thought most of their units were pretty small. Not sure king beds would fit?? And I'm with you, have to have a king bed!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Turquoise Shell - 12/23/2018 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I thought most of their units were pretty small. Not sure king beds would fit?? And I'm with you, have to have a king bed!

Huh? Except for the bathroom, which was tiny, I thought the units were quite well sized, especially for the price.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Turquoise Shell - 12/23/2018 07:53 PM

Huh. OK, guess I'm going off remembered pictures, and I mis-remembered...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline