TravelTalkOnline

Esmeralda

Posted By: debjoe

Esmeralda - 12/30/2018 03:58 PM

My wife an I are thinking about staying at Esmeralda. Has anybody stayed there after the hurricane. Are there any beach bars open an is the beach clean. Can you enjoy your private pool au natural.
Posted By: DandM29212

Re: Esmeralda - 12/30/2018 06:06 PM

I stayed at Esmeralda all of November. Loved it. L'Astrolabe was open. To summarize overall, while Coco's is completely gone, Esmeralda Resort itself is just like before Irma.

Regarding construction, there were three villas still having some roof work done, but it wasn't disruptive in the least and is likely done by now. Overall, Esmeralda and La PLantation across the street were by far the furthest along with recovery results. Construction was far more of an issue at other places closer to the village and up on the hill where damages were FAR worse. Lots of places within Orient haven't yet even started rebuilding.

Pools at Esmeralda are the same as always, which is to say that they're not clothing optional, but most visitors know that it's acceptable if done discretely. The generalization is that if it's ok with your villa mates, then it's not a problem. Privacy of the pool is also a factor.

A ton has been written here and on the Facebook SXM groups about the current status of the beach and beach bars that you can research.
Posted By: debjoe

Re: Esmeralda - 12/30/2018 08:05 PM

Thank you very much for your reply
Posted By: dannan

Re: Esmeralda - 01/01/2019 03:08 PM

Dave, Glad to hear Esmeralda is back up to snuff! They really had allot of repairs to do last year at this time. Hope you guys are doing well!
Posted By: dm25vac

Re: Esmeralda - 01/01/2019 03:28 PM

Great news - we are booked for March!
Posted By: DandM29212

Re: Esmeralda - 01/01/2019 09:21 PM

Dan! Heya! Yeah, your place, Joie de Vie, looked great in November while I was there!! I assume you guys will be booked pretty full in 2019!

Posted By: normm

Re: Esmeralda - 01/03/2019 04:52 PM

You note that Coco's is not there. Are the lounge chairs available? Food, etc.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline