TravelTalkOnline

Le Moulin Fou

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Le Moulin Fou - 01/07/2019 11:53 PM

Had a great meal at Le Moulin Fou.
Shepherds pie - duck confit with crusted mashed potatoes on top in shape of cylinder.
Mahi mahi entre
Stuffed mussels - had some salsa surrounding that was phenomenal
Caesar salad

Our food here has always been creative and well prepared. I think they could do well on Grand Case.

The dedicated bartender also makes great martinis.

About $150 for two incl bottle of wine.

We get there early this time 7pm. By the time we are done the place is always full.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Le Moulin Fou - 01/08/2019 12:10 AM

"I think they could do well on Grand Case."
When did they move to Grand Case? Always been in Maho.

Re: Le Moulin Fou - 01/08/2019 12:16 AM

They didnt. I think they could compete there.

Re: Le Moulin Fou - 01/08/2019 12:32 AM

Maybe. But they have a great thing going in Maho and a much better tourist population to cater to from the Maho, once other resorts open, and Simpson Bay area. Plus not having to drive to and from on those roads going through Marigot late at night or after dark. I for one no longer have the desire to go to Grand Case at night like we used to. Daytime no problem.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Le Moulin Fou - 01/08/2019 12:41 AM

Why would they EVER want to move to GC? They've always been in Maho with the windmill. In fact, they attempted to open a second location at Porto Cupecoy...didn't make it. Several incarnations later I believe it is now Mario's.

Re: Le Moulin Fou - 01/08/2019 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
Why would they EVER want to move to GC? They've always been in Maho with the windmill. In fact, they attempted to open a second location at Porto Cupecoy...didn't make it. Several incarnations later I believe it is now Mario's.

That was my thoughts too.

Re: Le Moulin Fou - 01/08/2019 11:47 AM

Not move, le moulin two. But i guess they already tried an2ndnit sounds like.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Le Moulin Fou - 01/08/2019 01:36 PM

Not sure it's true but I had heard Moulin Fou was same owner as Auberge Gourmand in G Case.
Posted By: Maitre_Jim

Re: Le Moulin Fou - 01/08/2019 08:53 PM

We don't normally stray far from the French side except for the airport. Last week, or the week before, we went to Le Moulin Fou and were pleasantly surprised. The food was good and you could hear yourself speak (and think). We almost had a business dinner there many years ago. However, the noise from Cherries made it so difficult to hear that we never even sat down. With Cherries dead and gone, it is a lot quieter. Again, the food was very good. The red paint is a little tired and most everything around the restaurant is closed. But then we went to eat and would return.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline