TravelTalkOnline

Club Orient Squatters

Posted By: sxmmartini

Club Orient Squatters - 01/14/2019 08:23 PM

There needs to be an awareness of the locals in many chalets in Club Orient compound. They are similar to the cliff boys from Cupecoy who believe they offer tourists a service standing in front of the chalets with full you know what? It is a bad and sad state of affairs. I did hear the massage employee claiming Club Orient will be back in 18 months. Insurance is settled and received. The company hired is going to come in and go full throttle to rebuild.
Posted By: Hdrdr911

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/14/2019 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
There needs to be a awareness of the locals in many chalets in Club Orient compound. They are similar to the cliff boys from Cupecoy who believe they offer tourists a service standing in front of the chalets with full you know want? It is a badand sad state of affairs. I did here the massage employee claiming Club Orient will be back in 18 months. Insurance is settled and received. The company hired is going to come in and go full throttle to rebuild.

Wonderful news if true. A quick search of the old Club O wesite and FB page yielded no confirmation of a settlement and construction.My own sources on the island haven't heard this either. But I guess we can always hope.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/14/2019 10:20 PM

Hope it's not just a rumor as sometimes reported as fact but actual fact.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/14/2019 10:58 PM

Sitting beside owners on the beach at club orient & they said it's in the courts.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/14/2019 11:30 PM

Then if it's in the courts it's not a done deal.
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/14/2019 11:36 PM

Please note that no one here on TTOL (including myself) are authorized to speak on behalf of the Copro, and rumors reported here should be treated with a high level of skepticism.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 12:04 AM

WOW, what a response. I think you need to re-read her original post, (I did hear, claiming). We are ALL just travelers, only reporting what we hear and know. I know you have a strong affection to Club O, but so do many others on TTOL, so this might be of interest to them. As I say to everyone, take a deep breath and relax, this is just a message board, ONLY, not rule of law in someone’s eyes. Just me saying.
And Carol if you feel the need to take my comments down, please feel free, no harm intended. Safe travels to all!
Posted By: CanadianCutie

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 12:13 AM

I’m all for CO, but soon as someone is playing with their ding dong, I’m outta there!!! Had it happen at Cupecoy and it freaked me right the hell out!

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 12:23 AM

They are closer to the Papagayo restaurant and can be avoided by staying in front of Perch lite.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 01:01 AM

jenni---I understand where you're coming from and I was very skeptical of the post, saying things were settled, from the beginning. From my limited understanding of the situation, the big issue is not receiving of the insurance proceeds, but releases from the owners regarding same, and disposition of same.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 02:27 AM

Now that was a great response! Pray tell, can we please learn more. Carol you are the best arbitrator! Seriously!
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
jenni---I understand where you're coming from and I was very skeptical of the post, saying things were settled, from the beginning. From my limited understanding of the situation, the big issue is not receiving of the insurance proceeds, but releases from the owners regarding same, and disposition of same.

The information which has been posted on Facebook is still current and up to date. Unfortunately nothing moves quickly through the French legal system. I'm not sure how any major changes will be communicated, but I'm sure it will be more official than hear-say from a third party that someone may have heard from someone else. But TRUST ME! The owners are very eager for things to move along and rebuilding to happen, and they will be VERY happy to let everyone know when it starts to happen. There is no reason to keep that secret! toast
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 11:28 AM

Thanks for your input. Hearsay is often inaccurate and the more it is passed on, the more out of the realm of reality it becomes. Facts are always appreciated.

One of the training classes I used to participate in did an example of how hearsay changes as it is passed on. We would have 12-20 people sitting around a table and one of the trainers would whisper to one person at the table a short 1-2 sentence statement. This person would then pass this statement along, whispering and no writing, to the next person and so on until it made the entire round. I do not recall one instance of the initial statement making it around the table without something being left out, something being added or the FACTS of the initial statement being totally changed.

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by jenniboston
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill

The information which has been posted on Facebook is still current and up to date. Unfortunately nothing moves quickly through the French legal system. I'm not sure how any major changes will be communicated, but I'm sure it will be more official than hear-say from a third party that someone may have heard from someone else. But TRUST ME! The owners are very eager for things to move along and rebuilding to happen, and they will be VERY happy to let everyone know when it starts to happen. There is no reason to keep that secret! toast

Thanks again for setting the facts straight. Don't shoot the messenger! I hear something and put it out there. It is what communication is all about. Sooner or later the truth will correct any misinformation. Peace!

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 02:12 PM

jenni--thanks for posting.

Martini--I have no problem with people posting things, but there often needs to be a truth filter attached. If you hear something and it directly contradicts information which is believed to be credible, it's usually best to regard such information with a grain of salt.

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 03:17 PM

I understand now my post was not credible but I just thought the massage person knew something worth repeating. She is right there giving massages to Club Orient visitors so I thought it passed the filter of misinformation. I will be more careful in the future.

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 03:18 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: magpie

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 09:41 PM

Any post that gives us "lemmings" hope for re-construction is okay with me.
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/15/2019 10:03 PM

I hope people are reporting the flashers to the gendarmes or security folks...that's terrible.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Club Orient Squatters - 01/16/2019 12:11 AM

All right, there are a few local native loaners who have taken up a seat on the papagayo outdoor seating area tile and one at a damaged chalet. The one at the chalet may have had his hand in his pants but I never saw anything out of their pants. He is very far away and only if you make anwalk that way do you encounter. The dude at papagayo was always just sittin there. Nice shady spot and I told him he had a good spot.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline