TravelTalkOnline

Passport Stamp SXM Airport

Posted By: jernej.bobic

Passport Stamp SXM Airport - 01/14/2019 09:15 PM

HI. Would like to ask a question. If i am arriving to St. Marteen from USA to SXM Airport, and hold a EU passport, will it be stamped at immigration or not. Thx.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Passport Stamp SXM Airport - 01/14/2019 09:36 PM

Yes, it should be stamped.
Posted By: jernej.bobic

Re: Passport Stamp SXM Airport - 01/14/2019 09:52 PM

The think that i am not sure, is that are part of Dutch and France sovereign territories.....so i am not sure whats with EU passport. I gave read that you can bassicaly enter french part with EU ID card alone.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Passport Stamp SXM Airport - 01/14/2019 10:33 PM

The rights of EU citizens to move freely in the EU only apply in French St Martin, since it is technically part of France. However, the Dutch side is it’s own country and the rights of freedom of movement do not apply in Dutch St. Maarten. There have been court cases in the past where the courts have ruled EU freedom of movement do not apply in St. Maarten.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Passport Stamp SXM Airport - 01/14/2019 11:16 PM

I've had both my US and my UK passport stamped when entering a PJIA
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Passport Stamp SXM Airport - 01/14/2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by jernej.bobic
The think that i am not sure, is that are part of Dutch and France sovereign territories.....so i am not sure whats with EU passport. I gave read that you can bassicaly enter french part with EU ID card alone.

Probably correct but you would have to fly into Grand Case not PJIA. The French side is part of France and therefore the EU, the Dutch side is it's own country, although in the Kingdom of the Netherlands and therefore not part of the EU
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline