TravelTalkOnline

Lee's

Posted By: dandemiller

Lee's - 01/16/2019 07:55 PM

Any news on Lee's new restaurant?
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Lee's - 01/16/2019 08:02 PM

Still being built by his home on Billy Folly Rd . Opposite The Atrium.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Lee's - 01/16/2019 08:12 PM

Yup, quite a few workers there today....
Posted By: Islandercpl

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 12:00 AM

I was talking with a person working on Lee's today.....actually a video call while he was at Lee's. He showed me the progress on the building. The roof is done, they are working on the kitchen, bathrooms and band/entertainment areas. Looks like it's coming along good.
Posted By: pat

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by dandemiller
Any news on Lee's new restaurant?

Lesley,

Is there a hidden parking lot there we don’t know about? With the crowd Lee’s typically draws, good luck with those few spaces down in front.

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 12:31 AM

Hi Pat , parking will be a problem . People will have to walk from Simpson bay road and the Yacht Club. But he will get a lot of the guests from Simpson Bay Resort , La Vista and Flamingo when they reopen. A lot of those guest just walk to Buccaneer and Green House . So he will get the walking Tourists . Just us locals will have to face up to the challenge of walking to get there . But he will survive .

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 01:06 AM

Oh, no doubt about his survival but it will a joke for those of us having to drive there and find a place to park. But for one of his grilled garlic butter basted lobsters, people will figure it out.i know we will but it just won’t be the same.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 01:20 AM

Pat. Someone posted either on Facebook of here that there was some parking behind the building too. Can't remember where I read that.

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 01:35 AM

Scuba,

Not saying they’re wrong but we went to dinner there with friends in another lifetime ago and under another owner and restaurant name (that escapes me at the moment) and I think we drove around for a good twenty minutes before we found a spot to park that was even remotely close and walkable. There may very well be more parking but its well hidden to those of us not in the know.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 01:01 PM

I see a lucrative venture for someone---"Bus Tour to Lees" drop off and pick up for $_____ Best ribs, best garlic basted lobster anywhere on island.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 01:25 PM

It is going to be a nightmare for parking. The Greenhouse and Buccaneer are hard enough to find parking spaces in the evening and now with Lee's ; it will be a free-for-all. I think Lees will lose a lot of business due to parking situation especially in the evenings.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 01:31 PM

I agree. Only so much walk up business a place can do and many people will not be able to negotiate the walk to begin with. As Lesley mentioned about locals having to drive and find parking, that pertains to anyone who can't walk or not staying very close.
Posted By: SandS

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 06:52 PM

I also agree but am excited that we have another place we can walk to. We stay at Simpson Bay Resort for a month and only rent a car for 2 weeks so the more places we can walk to the better.

Re: Lee's - 01/17/2019 08:21 PM

Folks like you will help him out with the business.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Lee's - 01/18/2019 06:25 AM

Yes....Lee's will be a pain in the [censored] for parking....but his loyal followers will still eat Lee's, no matter where it is located. Myself included. Just remember folks....Lee's didn't have much choice in his new location...he never wanted to leave his old place in the first place...but was FORCED out by government red tape. His second spot he wanted didn't work out either by more beurocratic (sp) red tape and corruption. I do wish Lee's the best of luck in the new location. It is very comforting to know, that Lee's will be open when we return in March. New location yes.....but the tradition will continue!!
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Lee's - 01/18/2019 11:03 AM

is the march timeframe a definite or estimate...i'll b there mid march
Posted By: Carialle

Re: Lee's - 01/18/2019 11:39 AM

We stay at La Vista and Lee’s was always our first meal on the Island in its old location. If it’s open by the end of April for our visit we’ll definitely go. Well done to them for the perseverance in making it happen.
Posted By: cmh2sxm

Re: Lee's - 01/18/2019 06:07 PM

I recall a strip of land between the Atrium garage and the Market Garden property. Wonder if that area could be cleared and used for parking.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Lee's - 01/18/2019 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Pat. Someone posted either on Facebook of here that there was some parking behind the building too. Can't remember where I read that.

I read that as well; think it was on FB. Poster said there would be parking behind the new restaurant structure.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Lee's - 01/18/2019 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by cmh2sxm
I recall a strip of land between the Atrium garage and the Market Garden property. Wonder if that area could be cleared and used for parking.

That is the old canal from the ocean to the lagoon. You can still see the remnants of the bridge.

Re: Lee's - 01/19/2019 11:27 PM

No , there's no parking behind . He would have some parking in his yard and at the side of the road. But he will survive .
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline