TravelTalkOnline

Regatta

Posted By: links83

Regatta - 01/17/2019 06:14 PM

Hi, after reading Carol's link about the Jacksons performing the last day of the Regatta March 3rd I realized I'm arriving that day around noon time. Other than a stop at The Market Garden supermarket we are off to Orient Bay. Will the traffic be bad around that time?
Thank you,
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Regatta - 01/17/2019 06:20 PM

All Regatta stuff now is at Port De Plaisance so traffic should not be bad in Simpson Bay.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Regatta - 01/17/2019 06:23 PM

Remember, the Regatta is totally at PDP now. So there will not be any traffic in Simpson Bay from the regatta, although of course there can be bad traffic in Simpson Bay most any time! That early in the day, I doubt you will see any issues directly from Regatta traffic, even immediately by PDP. I would probably head to Orient through Orleans, as compared to going over the Causeway, as it's possible (although unlikely that early in the day) that there could be traffic around the roundabout at the end of the Causeway. I doubt that regatta will be much of an issue for you regardless.
Posted By: links83

Re: Regatta - 01/17/2019 06:36 PM

Thank you....going through Orleans is a good idea.

Re: Regatta - 01/17/2019 06:50 PM

Enjoy your trip!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Regatta - 01/17/2019 09:06 PM

Last year we arrived at end of regatta and was told traffic would not be a problem because it was at PDP . Knowing that we opted for the bridge. Well, we were stopped forever. Turned around headed for new causeway. After 1 hour 12 mins. we made it to a portion of causeway that allowed us to turn around and head to Carre Four at Cupecoy. Easier since we were staying at BSV.

So, my advice would be if you see traffic go through Maho, lowlands, Marigot, on to Orient. Altho' long way round it should take you less time. Maybe stop at Super U for supplies on the way.

Re: Regatta - 01/17/2019 09:18 PM

What time did you arrive? I would think that the bridge openings wouldn't be bad until around 4 or 5 pm. Regardless, that may be a better plan.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Regatta - 01/17/2019 10:10 PM

The traffic situation is one of the major reason that we have stopped dealing with the last show. Way too late and I only drink White Wine with Cranberry juice now for over five years. Time has changed our lives.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Regatta - 01/18/2019 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
What time did you arrive? I would think that the bridge openings wouldn't be bad until around 4 or 5 pm. Regardless, that may be a better plan.

Like the original poster, links83, we arrived around noon. I had never seen traffic so bad before. And I know how bad traffic is normally.

Re: Regatta - 01/18/2019 05:22 PM

ok, thanks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline