TravelTalkOnline

Oyster Bay Beach Resort

Posted By: sandytntn

Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/20/2019 10:21 PM

5th trip to the island but 1st in several years. Always stayed in small hotel at Orient Beach which is no more i expect.
We always get a car and do multiple beaches and have flights to Saba day trip planned.

What is open at OBBR?
Places to eat? Breakfast?
Dawn Beach in any better shape?

Thanks,
Sandy
Posted By: mdldgl

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/21/2019 12:54 AM

I’m an owner at OBBR, will be back in 3 weeks, so have been following closley. The resort is looking GREAT, everything on property open except Beau Beau’s. Unfortunately the other places that shared the point with OBBR were not so fourtunate. Canoe is along with everything in the pier area. Busby’s was leveled and is an empty lot now. Big Fish closed, supposed to reopen (under new ownership). Dawn Beach seaweed conditions very, sonetime great - sonetime bad - but the staff of OBBR clean the beach daily. There are a handful of restaurants open on the French side of Oyster Pond.

I have been traveling to SXM and OBBR for 21 years, experienced them both in ma y different conditions- looking foward to this years return. Several things that will be the same: great OBBR staff, sunshine, beaches and plenty of great restaurant options.

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/21/2019 02:38 PM

Thanks for the update. Let us know how things are when you arrive. Resort said renovations would be finished in December 2018 so hopefully that is true. We are coming in March so hopefully some of the other places will be open by then.
Thanks,
Sandy
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/21/2019 04:22 PM

Places to eat? You're next to Oyster Pond with 2 excellent places - BZH Creperie & l'Oasis. Also, Mama Pizza, if they've reopened is very good.

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/21/2019 11:06 PM

Unfortunately Mama Pizza Oyster Pond has not reopened as of yet, but another good option is Quai Ouest, they have received some good reviews since reopening.

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/22/2019 02:27 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: madisoncty

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/22/2019 11:36 AM

Mama Pizza has moved to Porto Cupecoy marina, closed in Oyster Pond.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/22/2019 01:03 PM

Infinity Restaurant and bar serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Big Fish and Mama Restaurant are slated to open soon...
Posted By: dress

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/22/2019 02:11 PM

So Mama's is not going to reopened??? So, sad. It was one of our favorites when we wanted to stay close to home!

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/22/2019 09:26 PM

We ate there last week, I asked, was pretty much told at least not in the near future.

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/22/2019 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
Infinity Restaurant and bar serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Big Fish and Mama Restaurant are slated to open soon...

Big Fish has had an “Opening Soon” sign up for several months now. Last target date I saw was “early Dec 2018”. I understand opening up can be challenging- keeping my fingers crossed that they will be open within the next three weeks.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/24/2019 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by madisoncty
We ate there last week, I asked, was pretty much told at least not in the near future.

Very disappointed... lost Dinghy Dock, Mama Restaurant, Busby's and Oyster Pond is still in shambles!

Re: Oyster Bay Beach Resort - 01/24/2019 06:29 PM

Yes, it’s pretty thin in the immediate area.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline