TravelTalkOnline

SXM FESTIVAL

Posted By: ruralcarrier

SXM FESTIVAL - 01/28/2019 05:05 PM

ST MAARTEN MUSIC FESTIVAL
Posted By: RonDon

Re: SXM FESTIVAL - 01/28/2019 06:53 PM

Where is it held? Happy Bay? I didn't see that info on the link.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SXM FESTIVAL - 01/28/2019 07:28 PM

Yes, it's at Happy Bay. The website is very difficult to navigate, but it says it there somewhere.

Re: SXM FESTIVAL - 01/28/2019 08:02 PM

From what I could put together, Happy Bay is the base for daytime entertainment and the evening entertainment is held at various inland places around the island. It is difficult to understand the website.

If one goes to the facebook page there is a Transportation & Venue Map that lists some of the locations, with Happy Bay being listed as the "Main Venue". I have no idea of the accuracy of the map. It is listed as being for 2019 but may actually be a map from last year.

LINK

Re: SXM FESTIVAL - 01/29/2019 01:26 PM

Thank you. Since we'll be on island then I want to plan ahead for traffic. AND eliminate Happy Bay as a beach stop.
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: SXM FESTIVAL - 01/31/2019 11:51 AM

We’ll be around all of March. Seems like it will be busy.

Re: SXM FESTIVAL - 01/31/2019 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ritchard

Not sure how much of an impact this has on the island or traffic. I will be there in mid-March so I guess I will find out. Usually I am on the island a couple of weeks earlier so I missed it in the past. I would suggest watching for where the evening music venues are and plan accordingly.

Re: SXM FESTIVAL - 01/31/2019 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ritchard

Lucky Richard because you'll get the traffic from Heiniken Regatta AND the music festival!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline