TravelTalkOnline

TWA Hotel at JFK

Posted By: eightzerobits

TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/14/2019 05:29 PM

For those of you who fly out of (or could fly out of) JFK, the new TWA Hotel opened for reservations today starting in May. The rates are lower than anything else near the airport. We go to SXM in the summers and so our closest option for a direct flight is JFK. With two small kids in tow I’m irrationally excited about the opportunity to overnight in a hotel directly connected to terminal 5. No more shuttles! One less thing to be stressed about before and after vacation.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/14/2019 05:39 PM

You say you go in summer and JFK is closest. Does that mean Jet Blue BOS -SXM doesn't fly in summer? I've never checked.

Re: TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/14/2019 05:43 PM

That’s right, at least for the last few years and this year. BOS and ORH both connect in JFK for the summer.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/14/2019 07:06 PM

Thanks. I'll make a note of this. Got stuck overnight once at JFK coming back from SXM and it was not a 'comfortable' evening. Was not going to pay $300 for a motel room nearby for roughly six hours, so we gutted it out in the airport. Not smart, but I did save the money.

Re: TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/14/2019 07:30 PM

We paid $400 per night for the Crowne Plaza last year. For this upcoming trip, we were booked (since canceled) at the Holiday Inn for $280 per night. The day TWA announced they were opening reservations I started getting alerts that the area hotels prices were dropping.
Posted By: the captain

Re: TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/16/2019 01:18 PM

We can’t wait for this. We live near Jfk and I’m planning on just staying there for the hell of it.
Posted By: filet2u

Re: TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/16/2019 01:26 PM

I would considering flying out of that airport just to stay at the hotel.
Posted By: Airlegs

Re: TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/16/2019 02:02 PM

It’s such a COOL hotel concept! ❤️
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: TWA Hotel at JFK - 02/16/2019 02:32 PM

https://www.twahotel.com/connie-airplane/conniejourney

They will also have this Lockheed Constellation inside the hotel as a bar I think.

https://www.twahotel.com/rooms
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline