TravelTalkOnline

monday flights

Posted By: RonDon

monday flights - 02/17/2019 07:42 PM

AA , Delta, JB, Air France and a couple of others all coming in around same time Monday according to flight tracker. That should be fun.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: monday flights - 02/17/2019 11:04 PM

Be sure to get a good spot on Maho Beach to watch the action! Actually, I remember how depressed I was about 17 months after the hurricane ripped apart the airport and watching the beach cam fade away until it was no more. So, when I now see things like a whole bunch of planes landing on the same day, or eight or nine cruise ships in port at the same time it really brings a smile to my face because SXM is back!
Posted By: mdldgl

Re: monday flights - 02/18/2019 01:52 AM

What time? I’m staying at Mary’s Boon- will walk over and watch!
Posted By: SammyM

Re: monday flights - 02/18/2019 04:20 AM

Kind of a long walk, but a really good one! Here's my advice. Grab a seat at the Sunset Beach Bar, order a margarita (like my wife does) or a beer (like I do), and ask for today's landings schedule. They should have it written out on a chalk or dry erase board. Once you checked the times (and finished your drinks), stroll over to the beach for the show. Getting their around noon should do it!
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: monday flights - 02/18/2019 10:24 AM

doesn't SSBB post the arrivals on a surfboard if front of the bar?
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: monday flights - 02/18/2019 10:26 AM

everyone should see he landing at least once Rondon

Re: monday flights - 02/18/2019 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by mdldgl
What time? I’m staying at Mary’s Boon- will walk over and watch!

go to www.mahobeachcam.com. This is a camera showing airport runway. At top left of screen is ARRIVALS. click here and it gives you a list of flights scheduled to land. At right top is list of departure times.

You can also go to sunsetbeachbar.com and click on WEBCAM and it will show you the beach where planes go over.

Re: monday flights - 02/18/2019 11:42 AM

correction: last web site is sunsetsxm.com for the restaurant's web cam not sunset beachbar
Posted By: mdldgl

Re: monday flights - 02/19/2019 02:03 AM

Found schedule at https://www.sxmairport.com/flights-info.php

Walk wasn’t bad walk, enjoyed flights and late lunch at Sunset Beach Bar this afternoon.

Re: monday flights - 02/19/2019 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by mdldgl
Found schedule at https://www.sxmairport.com/flights-info.php

Walk wasn’t bad walk, enjoyed flights and late lunch at Sunset Beach Bar this afternoon.

Did you walk the beach? About how far was it? Would you guess one mile?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline