TravelTalkOnline

AMEX on Orient

Posted By: wct49

AMEX on Orient - 02/17/2019 09:01 PM

Anyone know if Bikini or Kontiki take Amex or other cards. Plan on just parking it under an umbrella for a couple days and would like to use my Amex or Mastercard.
Thanks in advance.

Chris
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AMEX on Orient - 02/17/2019 09:13 PM

Mastercard, for sure.. As far as AMEX, don't know about Bikini or Kontiki, but in general, AMEX is not accepted at most places.
Posted By: wct49

Re: AMEX on Orient - 02/17/2019 09:15 PM

Thank you Carol. Thats what I remembered from a couple years back.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: AMEX on Orient - 02/18/2019 12:09 PM

Last March we could find no place that accepted AMEX on island. Although Leslie, from Kenny's car rental, says he takes it. I was so upset because the only other cc we'd brought we found upon return, charged us transaction and conversion fees.

We used to have Citi Card by Hilton for room points and for reasons unknown to us they changed over to AMEX. I contacted Hilton and AMEX to express my upset last trip and no one cared. AMEX did say there were plans to lower vendors rates so more small businesses would accept it. Time will tell.

Maybe Leslie knows who else takes AMEX on island and will post here?
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: AMEX on Orient - 02/19/2019 01:15 PM

Just arrived on Sunday, and generally I use credit cards for everything and rarely carry cash, but here cash makes a difference. On the french side many of the vendors and restaurants offer 1 to 1 euro to dollars only if paying in cash.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AMEX on Orient - 02/19/2019 02:17 PM

Hi. Which restaurants have you found this trip that do 1 to 1 for cash?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline