TravelTalkOnline

Wonderful forum

Posted By: bran

Wonderful forum - 02/19/2019 09:45 PM

Great to find this forum. Been visiting now for 40 years on and off and obviously there are many here who are regulars as well, so thanks for all the information you provide. Learnt a lot that I didn't previously know.
Many thanks and keep up the good work. Back in May for three weeks. One comment if I may as others have cautioned against it.....We always rent a Villa in Terres Basses and many nights go to Grand Case to eat and never experienced coming back in the dark any problems going through Sandy ground to Nettle Bay area. In fact love it, as you can usually put your foot down just before Nettle bay and its a straight run, no people or traffic to Terres Basses and it only takes me about 20-25 minutes...going through Marigot then over the bridge, airport, golf course area, Cupecoy then TB would be too far and the one area I don't much care for is through the Golf Course. But never once have we found a problem at night in Marigot or elsewhere although don't look for trouble and do not wander the streets on foot but usually home by 9pm. Just use common sense and that applies to anywhere in the world.

Pleased to learn from a poster here that La Cigale has re-opened..their Foie Gras soup is unbelievable and never made it to Escape pre-Irma in Maho so will try this out if they have opened by the time we get there. Glad to hear that Maho is coming alive again but miss Sherry's, only because they did an incredible Bushwacker there. Must try the hole in the wall, still not quite sure where its at but have always found parking very difficult in that area.
Lastly, as others have mentioned. Never leave your luggage in the car. Agreed. So on our last day and as the plane doesn't leave until around 4pm..go early to our car rental agency, drop off all the luggage, and then have a long lunch without worry, only to drop the car off and luggage loaded onto the van that takes us to the airport.
Bon Voyage to all.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Wonderful forum - 02/20/2019 01:09 AM

bran--Welcome. Looking forward to hearing about your trip in May.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Wonderful forum - 02/20/2019 01:35 AM

Escape is back open.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Wonderful forum - 02/20/2019 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by bran
Great to find this forum. Been visiting now for 40 years on and off and obviously there are many here who are regulars as well, so thanks for all the information you provide. Learnt a lot that I didn't previously know.
Many thanks and keep up the good work. Back in May for three weeks. One comment if I may as others have cautioned against it.....We always rent a Villa in Terres Basses and many nights go to Grand Case to eat and never experienced coming back in the dark any problems going through Sandy ground to Nettle Bay area. In fact love it, as you can usually put your foot down just before Nettle bay and its a straight run, no people or traffic to Terres Basses and it only takes me about 20-25 minutes...going through Marigot then over the bridge, airport, golf course area, Cupecoy then TB would be too far and the one area I don't much care for is through the Golf Course. But never once have we found a problem at night in Marigot or elsewhere although don't look for trouble and do not wander the streets on foot but usually home by 9pm. Just use common sense and that applies to anywhere in the world.

Pleased to learn from a poster here that La Cigale has re-opened..their Foie Gras soup is unbelievable and never made it to Escape pre-Irma in Maho so will try this out if they have opened by the time we get there. Glad to hear that Maho is coming alive again but miss Sherry's, only because they did an incredible Bushwacker there. Must try the hole in the wall, still not quite sure where its at but have always found parking very difficult in that area.
Lastly, as others have mentioned. Never leave your luggage in the car. Agreed. So on our last day and as the plane doesn't leave until around 4pm..go early to our car rental agency, drop off all the luggage, and then have a long lunch without worry, only to drop the car off and luggage loaded onto the van that takes us to the airport.
Bon Voyage to all.

Escape in Jordan Village/Cupecoy is open, the Hole in the Wall, a great place on a Friday Night, is about 4 stores before Maho Pharmacy if you are coming from the Airport. Best place to park for Hole in the Wall is to go past the Pharmacy into the Platinum Club and Medical center parking lot, normally spaces there
Posted By: bran

Re: Wonderful forum - 02/20/2019 04:12 PM

Thx all...........
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline