TravelTalkOnline

Golf course at Loterie Farms

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Golf course at Loterie Farms - 02/28/2019 05:24 PM

Daily Herald story

Interesting concept, for those who like golf
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Golf course at Loterie Farms - 02/28/2019 06:03 PM

This is a great idea! A par three, nine-hole course takes about one hour to play and serves a useful purposes helping most golfers with their short game. Plus, it adds another item on the menu for Loterie Farm and this aids in the attractiveness of things to do on St. Martin. It also brings in revenue for the greens fees and the cost to rent clubs (even if it's just three or four clubs). Nice to read about this kind of stuff.
Posted By: pat

Re: Golf course at Loterie Farms - 02/28/2019 07:39 PM

Good! Ansari and Mullet need some on island competition, even if limited in scope.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Golf course at Loterie Farms - 02/28/2019 07:41 PM

Re-reading the story, they say they are going to have artificial greens. Never heard of that myself, but I know almost nothing about golf.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Golf course at Loterie Farms - 02/28/2019 09:09 PM

ummmmm Sammy....i know it's been a while since I have golfed...and used to once in a while play on an executive nine hole par 3 course.....but an hour to play? It still takes a good...or close to at least double that. Still have to walk to the balls....hope the people in front are fast players....etc. smile 160 yards is still a good workout. LOL
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Golf course at Loterie Farms - 02/28/2019 10:09 PM

Good point, Ed! I doubt if any of these holes will be flat, so the hills may take some time to negotiate. Can't wait to give it a try, though. Maybe an hour and a half?
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Golf course at Loterie Farms - 02/28/2019 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Re-reading the story, they say they are going to have artificial greens. Never heard of that myself, but I know almost nothing about golf.

Will save a bunch on water.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Golf course at Loterie Farms - 03/01/2019 02:22 PM

I get the water savings....but in 60-100 years, it will be another thing that does not "go away" as it is made of nylon or polypropylene. Plastic.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Golf course at Loterie Farms - 03/02/2019 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
I get the water savings....but in 60-100 years, it will be another thing that does not "go away" as it is made of nylon or polypropylene. Plastic.

Awesome my great grand kids can use put the same line I did 100 years earlier. Man life just gets better.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline