TravelTalkOnline

Regatta Photos

Posted By: vetteguy

Regatta Photos - 03/02/2019 04:11 AM

We went on the Tango this morning and here are some images. I would recommend going on a spectator boat as it is a great way to experience the Regatta.

Attached picture IMGP9076.jpg
Attached picture IMGP9087.jpg
Attached picture IMGP9092.jpg
Attached picture IMGP8971.jpg
Attached picture IMGP8980.jpg
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/02/2019 11:24 AM

Tango was always a fun Regatta trip.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/02/2019 01:59 PM

Good stuff! Thanks for posting. Heresh on Tango does a great job with the Regatta chase boats. We always went on Saturday morning. Are Bill and Mort and the gang on it today, JD??
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/02/2019 04:47 PM

Lovely shots, thanks!

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/02/2019 05:55 PM

I honestly do not know. I would hope they are doing a chase boat but not sure. I am kind of out of the communication loop for some reason. I know we are doing a sunset cruise on No1SXM, the boat that replaced the Passaat

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/02/2019 07:19 PM

OK! smile
Posted By: bbeach

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/03/2019 12:54 PM

We were on the Lambada same day but they had these huge Heineken banners on the sides of the railings and we had to stand on the seats to get a pic! Felt bad for the few that couldn’t climb up as their view was probably a lot of people’s rear ends. Tricky hanging on with your elbows and tryin to snap a pic withAll the Rum Punches and heavy Bud you could drink! Thought it was the Heineken Regatta??? Hmmmmmm🤔

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/03/2019 02:15 PM

Well, that's dumb! I would have been really p*ssed at that, as the races are one of the best photo ops I have ever had on SXM. We always did Tango. One more reason to continue to, I guess.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/03/2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by bbeach
... their view was probably a lot of people’s rear ends. Tricky hanging on with your elbows and tryin to snap a pic withAll the Rum Punches and heavy Bud you could drink!

jester just spit out coffee!!! oh, the visual.
Posted By: bbeach

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/03/2019 04:53 PM

Sorry about that visual on a Sunday morning👀We are Back to the Tango for sure! Did a private sail last year with our family of 10! Grandkids still talking about it! First class for sure. Our daughter ask us if the chase boat was as much fun this year and the Tango last year??Told her “no way you guys weren’t there”.! Sorry just my Grandma perspective!💕

Re: Regatta Photos - 03/03/2019 06:16 PM

We were on Lambada one year for Regatta and did not enjoy it near as much as Tango. DIfferent captain and crew and it makes a difference. We did do a sunset cruise on Lambada out of Royal Palm when they did them for owners/renters and while it was ok, still not the same as Tango.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline